Backpack recommendation

etisll40

Looking for a super durable, super light backpack. Want to hold my rifle and some food and stuff. Day/2 day use. Not to carry back pack-out meat or anything. I see a few on here but recommendations of what you have experience with is most important to me, Thanks

Stone glacier and kifaru bikini.but are expensive
I ordered a bikini it shows up tomorrow. I'm going to strap a cuben fiber sack from zpacks.they where awesome to deal with and made it to my specs.
For heavier loads.get a kelty hauler or a ll bean hunters carry all. Both under 100$
Or a used dana designs external frame. Prob 200$ used.
There's a guy on backpackinglight who's cutting down internal frame packs to make haulers like the bikini. It's definitely interesting.im thinking of cutting down a ilbe to try the same thing.one of those and a cuben sack might be 100$
Look up tigoat for the ultralight stuff.
Hill people gear definitely worth a look.
Then there's the carbon fibre pack frames....

Not super light but they aren't bad, the eberlestock x3 lo drag, the gunslinger II or gunslinger. The lo drag and gunslinger are under 6lbs. I have used eberlestock and they are fine and very comfortable up to about 35 lbs. I have the kifaru duplex and its amazing but unnecessary if you are staying under 35 lbs.

Good stuff, sounds like some good names to research.

thx

any more names or ideas welcomed.

Merry Christmas to all...

Maybe I'll get my present too!

Here is what I'm currently using.

Badlands Sacrifice (link)

Mine weighs 3 lbs 12 oz; 3450 cu in of storage; It has a stainless steel wire internal frame which allows you to pack approx. 100 lbs in/out; useful pockets; great ventilation; durable; look around and you can find good sales **note** you need to have a 34 inch waist minimum or the belt will be too big

Cabelas Instinct Fast Tracker (link)

No experience with this one, but is almost identical to Badlands Sacrifice; 3 lbs 12 oz; 4800 cu in of storage; stainless wire internal frame; 90 lbs carrying capacity; Approx. $60 bucks cheaper than Badlands Sacrifice

MOLLE 2 Gen 4 frame

The setup I have comes in at 3 lbs 6 oz; high load carrying capacity; external frame

Another route you may look at is Ultralight packs from the likes of Golite and Gossamer Gear. Two that come to mind are the Golite Jam 50 and Gossamer Gear Gorilla Ultralight. both come in at approx. 1.5 lbs. They are however frameless (they use your sleeping pad to create structure) and have weight ratings of approx. 35 lbs max. They are not designed for hunting. I use a Golite Jam 50 for backpacking and scouting and love it.

I bought an Eberlestock M5 Team Elk Pack and love it for short hunts. It will hold a rifle and bow and plenty of gear for probably around 3 days (depending on how you pack). The pack is not super light but it is comfortable and highly adjustable. It is a very well thought out pack in my opinion.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.