ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
I've not gone through the process yet. But I was in the understanding that the "new" e -file system was supposed to speed things up??? Sounds like it always was-snail pace. This is the main reason I haven't bought one yet. Only the US Mail is faster, not by much!🤪🫢

Did one can about two months ago and just did another this morning . Going rate is between 7 and 9 months wait. It's the government and your subject to there pace. I've heard it is still faster than the paper but don't know . My first two were e- file and just under 9 months

I've not gone through the process yet. But I was in the understanding that the "new" e -file system was supposed to speed things up??? Sounds like it always was-snail pace. This is the main reason I haven't bought one yet. Only the US Mail is faster, not by much!🤪🫢
It is a slow process, but as others have stated, just file forget about it. I was saying the same thing as you for years. I wish I had bought two when I did go through it.

You make a good point. If you think you may need another, order both at the same time. Just one waiting period to suffer through.
I would recommend a centerfire and rimfire can at the same time if you have none currently, but once you have those everything else is just a more-purpose-driven tool and the wait is never as bad as the first time. Maybe because there's pretty much nothing that can't be made better by spending some time shooting cans or varmints with a suppressed 22 LR 🤣 Most fun you'll have vertical all year.

Going rate is between 7 and 9 months wait.
I've got some good news for you. I've now gotten SIX Form 4s back the last two weeks, and all were in less than 90 days. One is a miracle, two is a fluke, three might even be a joke, but they just keep coming in. Something has changed, I went through two different SiCo Dealer Shops for these (4 at one and 2 at the other) and both dealers are reporting a sudden drop in wait times on eFile Form 4 for suppressors. They all start with 7-9 month wait line when I filed, but now that I've showed them actual dates on the forms they've opened up and admitted the dates they're seeing come in now have suddenly dropped. Still don't want to tell people though, I don't blame them. Low expectations are easier to exceed.

The commonality is these were all done via the Silencer Shop platform, I guess there's still an off chance they send in so many they have a dedicated reviewer, reviewers pull larger batches of submissions at a time from them, they have a better error-rejection rate than other submitters, or something. Their platform is so easy to use I have no reason to look for alternatives.

I guess that there's one more possibility - I'm about to get another visit from the ATF, and they want me to have more paperwork in hand to "talk about" when they arrive 🤣

I would recommend a centerfire and rimfire can at the same time if you have none currently, but once you have those everything else is just a more-purpose-driven tool and the wait is never as bad as the first time. Maybe because there's pretty much nothing that can't be made better by spending some time shooting cans or varmints with a suppressed 22 LR 🤣 Most fun you'll have vertical all year.

I've got some good news for you. I've now gotten SIX Form 4s back the last two weeks, and all were in less than 90 days. One is a miracle, two is a fluke, three might even be a joke, but they just keep coming in. Something has changed, I went through two different SiCo Dealer Shops for these (4 at one and 2 at the other) and both dealers are reporting a sudden drop in wait times on eFile Form 4 for suppressors. They all start with 7-9 month wait line when I filed, but now that I've showed them actual dates on the forms they've opened up and admitted the dates they're seeing come in now have suddenly dropped. Still don't want to tell people though, I don't blame them. Low expectations are easier to exceed.

The commonality is these were all done via the Silencer Shop platform, I guess there's still an off chance they send in so many they have a dedicated reviewer, reviewers pull larger batches of submissions at a time from them, they have a better error-rejection rate than other submitters, or something. Their platform is so easy to use I have no reason to look for alternatives.

I guess that there's one more possibility - I'm about to get another visit from the ATF, and they want me to have more paperwork in hand to "talk about" when they arrive 🤣
Send your family on vacation and lock up your dog. Buy new locks for the house etc.....🤪

I hope they appreciate that every pistol case has a TSA approved combination lock on it, and that I have no idea what the codes are. Yes, I'll be needing a receipt for each lock you cut, thank you.

Shill I do understand the desire Not to go to Jail for "none compliance" to the BATFB, but I ask do yall understand the wording of the 2nd Amendmen? Where it says "Shall NOT be infringed"? IF you believe in a Free Constitutional Republic, and TRUST (this) government to treat EVERYONE THE SAME, there is No reason for a request for Compliance to a "Ruling" (not Law) should Take more than One WEEK! Talk about the efficacy of the DMV, makes these people look like crap! File your paperwork and PRAY DAYLY FOR THEM TO APROVE YOUR REQUES! Or just go shoot!