ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Here is where you can check the average times.

It's usually pretty accurate, just remember that's an Average. Some faster and some slower. Just got back an EForm 4 I did for a customer from August 30, 2022. Seems like 8 months is average times on most of the ones I submit. The fastest I ever got one back was 10 weeks. I'm sure that examiner got fired for being so fast. 😂
Probably about how much time it actually takes, but they punish us for near a year! :)

Let's put it this way.............all this wait time BS is exactly that! It should not take anywhere near the amount of time that it now takes, if even the process should be necessary! Just my opinion! :cool:
What gets me is I have 5 items pending and they are too mismanaged and corrupt to just lump them together and process as one item. One time (pre e-file) I did have a suppressor that had been in process for quite a few months, then bought another and they approved both at the same time. The second can was only in process for a couple months.

4 weeks ago I received my tax stamps for 2 suppressors that I filed as an eform 4 on a single shot trust.
It took 266 days from starting the process to getting the tax stamp and having the suppressors to shoot.

I haven't read the entire thread so I don't know if it's been said but
I would be careful about just attaching a stock to it even after the stamp is back.
It's my understanding that this may only be to have the brace attached.
The stamp itself has a provisionary note on it.
There have been a couple of people who have called this issue out.
The ATF is being purposely vague on the issue
Per the ATF's Website:

There is no rhyme or reason to the time frames. Here are the last two I received back. Both buyers were LEO… that never helps either.
One 9 months the other 6 months. It's crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_8145.png
    IMG_8145.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8144.png
    IMG_8144.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 29

Recent Posts