ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
There is no rhyme or reason. I have bought a total of 8 suppressors over the last few years. My wait times have ranged from 5 weeks to 14 months. I bought two on the exact same day and one took 8 months and the other took 11. Go figure…..

I did the same. May 31st at about 10:30-11 pm. And I'm guessing the flood of pistol braces and sbr applications will slow the whole form 1 system down. Good luck. Hopefully we're both approved soon!
You know some people were saying that if everyone filed for their SBR/Pistol it would take an astronomical amount of time for them to approve them all. I wouldn't get to antsy thinking you're getting those stamps anytime soon. I really did consider form 1 filing but I didn't really see the point.

I form 1 e-filed for the tax exempt SBR thing the vest last day possible. Still unimpressed with that whole debacle but I guess if I get a stamp I can use an actual functional stock on my ar-9. No idea how long that will take to get back (assuming they don't discard it for a paperwork error on my end). Since I already have it though the wait isn't bad like with a suppressor.
You won't get a stamp with the amnesty form 1 file, it's tax exempt, so you aren't paying for a stamp. You just get an approved form. Mine took 86 days to come back approved, I've seen some in 14 days, and others over 100 days.

You won't get a stamp with the amnesty form 1 file, it's tax exempt, so you aren't paying for a stamp. You just get an approved form. Mine took 86 days to come back approved, I've seen some in 14 days, and others over 100 days.
That's fine by me. Not like you get actual paper anymore for anything anyway. As long as the alphabet boyz say I'm good to have it in whatever form, with whatever paperwork, I'm good.

I certified 5 sbr exemptions on May 12. Got one approved on June 2, none since. Certified 2 suppressors on 9/10/22. One of them was approved yesterday (6/13/23). None of it makes sense.

So instead of having a stamp, I'll need to carry a copy of this form with me to prove its legality?
This approval form, does it allow me to treat the gun like an actual SBR then? I can add a vertical fore grip and everything?

I certified 5 sbr exemptions on May 12. Got one approved on June 2, none since. Certified 2 suppressors on 9/10/22. One of them was approved yesterday (6/13/23). None of it makes sense.
That's because it is run by the federal government. They wouldn't want to break pattern with all other agencies 🤣

That's fine by me. Not like you get actual paper anymore for anything anyway. As long as the alphabet boyz say I'm good to have it in whatever form, with whatever paperwork, I'm good.
Same here, I just keep a digital copy on my phone and email, so it can be accessed.

So instead of having a stamp, I'll need to carry a copy of this form with me to prove its legality?
This approval form, does it allow me to treat the gun like an actual SBR then? I can add a vertical fore grip and everything?
You just need a digital copy the you can show if asked.

Same here, I just keep a digital copy on my phone and email, so it can be accessed.

You just need a digital copy the you can show if asked.

That brings up a question I've thought about a bit lately too... Lots of people seem nervous about being stopped and asked for paperwork. Can local LEO's even ask for that? Or only federal agents? My initial thought was federal, since locals have zero input over NFA stuff but that seems too easy.

Either way, just keep the digital file like you said and problem solved. I just can't see a local guy busting someone for not having paperwork. Most don't know the first thing about the paperwork OR process in general in my limited experience.

That brings up a question I've thought about a bit lately too... Lots of people seem nervous about being stopped and asked for paperwork. Can local LEO's even ask for that? Or only federal agents? My initial thought was federal, since locals have zero input over NFA stuff but that seems too easy.

Either way, just keep the digital file like you said and problem solved. I just can't see a local guy busting someone for not having paperwork. Most don't know the first thing about the paperwork OR process in general in my limited experience.
LEOs can't. I'm pretty sure it's just the ATF, might also be IRS since it's a treasury department tax stamp.

The way I understand it, is that LEO's don't have the authority to ask for NFA paperwork, unless it is in a state that the particular NFA item is banned. In that case they can ask, and failure to provide would be violation of state law.

The way I understand it, is that LEO's don't have the authority to ask for NFA paperwork, unless it is in a state that the particular NFA item is banned. In that case they can ask, and failure to provide would be violation of state law.
Thanks. That sounds super familiar, so maybe I read that somewhere... Can't remember!

If so, the likelihood of you being stopped and asked for paperwork is about 0.0000%, ever

Here is where you can check the average times.

It's usually pretty accurate, just remember that's an Average. Some faster and some slower. Just got back an EForm 4 I did for a customer from August 30, 2022. Seems like 8 months is average times on most of the ones I submit. The fastest I ever got one back was 10 weeks. I'm sure that examiner got fired for being so fast. 😂