ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Thanks! So your e-file trust was a little over 8 months ago...

Mine was filed May 1 as an eform trust. Still waiting. I'm kind of feeling like it'll be the end of this month or so for me, but time will tell

Last edited:
Anybody recently approved- did you file as a trust? I'm curious to see if there's a time difference between trust and individual.
I filed as a trust May of 2022 and picked mine up the day it was approved a few weeks ago in December. I did E file though and it's my 3rd one.

I went through Silencer Central. Paperwork was submitted to ATF on April 25th. January 1st I got notification that paperwork was approved. Filed 4473 the same day. Now it has to go to the Local Sheriffs Department. Right now I am at 254 days and counting...

I went through Silencer Central. Paperwork was submitted to ATF on April 25th. January 1st I got notification that paperwork was approved. Filed 4473 the same day. Now it has to go to the Local Sheriffs Department. Right now I am at 254 days and counting...
Where does it require SO approval after ATF approval?

Got two Supressors at the same time. End of july 2021. Both checks were cashed Aug 3rd. I'm now at 11 months and 3 weeks. Did both of them on the Silencer Shop Kiosk. I did do a family trust. Curious how long u guys have been waiting. I'm thinking any day now. Not sure if it's considered an e-file form 4 or what. U look on SilencerShop page they are saying 145-155 days for E-file form 4 trust and 13 months for paper file? My first Supressors so I have no clue. Sure wish they would hurry up! Chomping at the bit!

Roy
I started in March of 22 and it is suppose to come this Saturday.

I got 2 cans in Nov 2021 with SilencerCo's buy one get one free promo. The first one was submitted in late Nov via paper file (Omega 36M) and the 2nd one was the "free" Octane 9 that I was able to e-file once it came into my LGS in Jan 2022. The e-file was approved in June 2022 and finally got the paper file one in early Nov 2022. So e-file was about 5 1/2 months and paper was over 11 months.

Where does it require SO approval after ATF approval?
I really don't know why this extra step is involved as this is my first purchase. I don't know if it is something Silencer Central does, or if it is something that is required by my state/county. (Adams County, Pennsylvania). I chose Silencer Central because it seemed like the least amount of hassle and they have an interest free four payment option, all while you wait.

I really don't know why this extra step is involved as this is my first purchase. I don't know if it is something Silencer Central does, or if it is something that is required by my state/county. (Adams County, Pennsylvania). I chose Silencer Central because it seemed like the least amount of hassle and they have an interest free four payment option, all while you wait.
There used to be a requirement for the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) to actually sign the back of your tax stamp. Now it simply requires them to be notified. Here's an article that explains a little better: https://www.silencershop.com/blog/post/goodbye-cleo-certification-signatures

Recent Posts