ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

Sounds like our PALs and hunting licenses in Canada. '3-6 weeks' became 12-15 months because the government wants to discourage new/renewing firearms owners and hunters

The only reason you need a TAX STAMP for a Suppressor is the money the Government gets. There is no other reason and claiming that you have to have a Criminal Background so you don't use the Suppressor in a crime.
If a criminal wants a suppressor they get them and never get a Tax Stamp. Once a TAX is put in place, it will never be removed. They want the money so bad (both Parties) you would think that they would push these Tax Stamps as fast as they can. It is a shame what our elected officials do.
Same thing with using a Suppressor for hunting. Some States make it illegal to hunt with a suppressor-WHY?

The US Government took in around $63,000,000 on Tax for Suppressors in 2016. That was the latest published data. It has to have gone up every year since then.
You think the Politicians will ever remove the TAX????

Last edited:
The only reason you need a TAX STAMP for a Suppressor is the money the Government gets. There is no other reason and claiming that you have to have a Criminal Background so you don't use the Suppressor in a crime.
If a criminal wants a suppressor they get them and never get a Tax Stamp. Once a TAX is put in place, it will never be removed. They want the money so bad (both Parties) you would think that they would push these Tax Stamps as fast as they can. It is a shame what our elected officials do.
Same thing with using a Suppressor for hunting. Some States make it illegal to hunt with a suppressor-WHY?
This is why everyone should call their state representatives and nicely let them know how much of a problem this is. I called and gave a brief explanation of the problem and that I'd like to see solutions. A rep called me back, clarified the issue at hand and said they've been getting similar concerns reported. This is a broken system that your reps need to hear about before we could ever hope to see things move in the right direction.

Day 196 😐. Modern Firearms season for deer in Kentucky rapidly approaching.

18259843-CCCB-4238-A511-55D7380CB0A1.gif

Bought and filed paperwork early January 2021, went pending May 23rd 2021, approved May 24th 2022, and in hands June 28th 2022. Still waiting on one pending Aug 8 2021, and another efiled May 8th.
My Aug 8th 2021 can was just approved Sept 8th. Not in hand yet but I should have it in two-ish weeks.

Still waiting on may 8th efile.

329 days on form 4 paper trust. Part of me is regretting doing it. I waited years to do it because of the wait. November rifle hunt and an out of state trip as well and I doubt I'll have it to go with the rifle I built for it.

329 days on form 4 paper trust. Part of me is regretting doing it. I waited years to do it because of the wait. November rifle hunt and an out of state trip as well and I doubt I'll have it to go with the rifle I built for it.
People always tell me they're going to wait to buy one because wait times are so long at the moment. In all of the suppressors I've bought over the years the wait time has never gone down. I always say that I don't need a suppressor now, but future me wants a new one.

I've got friends that were talking about buying a suppressor a few months before hunting season two years ago, but they didn't think they'd get it before hunting season so they held off. One of them just started the paperwork on 4 because he realized he'd have them by now if he would've started when I suggested.

People always tell me they're going to wait to buy one because wait times are so long at the moment. In all of the suppressors I've bought over the years the wait time has never gone down. I always say that I don't need a suppressor now, but future me wants a new one.

I've got friends that were talking about buying a suppressor a few months before hunting season two years ago, but they didn't think they'd get it before hunting season so they held off. One of them just started the paperwork on 4 because he realized he'd have them by now if he would've started when I suggested.

Exactly, no need to prolong the wait even more!

Best to just purchase, certify, and try to forgot about it.