ATF Electronic Forms

Brother in law filed his Feb 22. Feel bad for who I pay. That dollar will be worth 50 cents by the time the new better government gets done.

just some info for those that have muzzle brakes on your rifles. yesterday I picked up a friends rifle,ammo and his brand new Banish 30 that took 16 months to get. I brought it home to sight it in and removed the brake and guess what? the Vias brake he had installed 2 yrs ago uses a different thread pitch than the can does now he will have to cut, crown and rethread his barrel. this rifle shoots 2.5" groups at 800 yards and he is afraid to cut it so the new can will sit until he decides to buy another rifle. I offered him 750.00 for his can and he will think about it
Why wouldn't he check that automatically before buying anything he planned to screw on the barrel?

So I'm wondering how long it will take the atf to figure out a way to "reinterpret " the suppressor laws and then just send out letters to those with form 4's saying they are illegal to own- please turn them in or destroy them- and by the way, no you don't get your $200 back for the stamp you thought you "legally" applied for.

They are doing it with form 1's right now , if you don't believe me go check out the "denied" form 1's recently and the DM website info regarding prior sales

We all knew the "reclassification" of bump stocks was a slippery slope-- now they are interpreting the form 1 laws differently

have not found one yet, any ideas?
All depends on what his barrel diameter is, current threads, and what specific mounts will fit the suppressor.
I would start with contacting the manufacturer for a custom thread. Then all the other info is needed to determine what could be done.
Any competent gunsmith would tell you in about 5 minutes what could be done.

So I'm wondering how long it will take the atf to figure out a way to "reinterpret " the suppressor laws and then just send out letters to those with form 4's saying they are illegal to own- please turn them in or destroy them- and by the way, no you don't get your $200 back for the stamp you thought you "legally" applied for.

They are doing it with form 1's right now , if you don't believe me go check out the "denied" form 1's recently and the DM website info regarding prior sales

We all knew the "reclassification" of bump stocks was a slippery slope-- now they are interpreting the form 1 laws differently
They're doing this to deny retroactive Form 1s on parts kit suppressors from companies that got themselves shut down. Do things right in the first place and you don't get stuck in trying to unscrew things down the road.

Big difference in a previously approved and valid Form 4 and trying to backdoor an illegal suppressor. If that's catching up some people making actual Form 1 cans, maybe those people should be ****ed at the idiots who tried to get around the law instead of the ATF.

Refile with more info in 4h. NBD. Use their own language on them - The ATF said:
A SILENCER IS DEFINED UNDER FEDERAL LAW TO INCLUDE, IN RELEVANT PART, ANY COMBINATION OF PARTS, DESIGNED OR REDESIGNED, AND INTENDED FOR USE IN ASSEMBLING OR FABRICATING A FIREARM SILENCER OR FIREARM MUFFLER, AND ANY PART INTENDED ONLY FOR USE IN SUCH ASSEMBLY OR FABRICATION.

So put this in Box 4h
All parts used to assemble this suppressor are manufactured from raw materials by the entity filing this Form 1. All raw materials used in manufacturing parts for this NFA item as defined at GCA 18 USC 921(a)(24) and NFA 26 USC 5845 were not originally designed or redesigned, or intended for use in assembling or fabricating a silencer, and were transformed by the manufacturer as part of fabrication. As such prior to the filing manufacturer's fabrication process there were no registration or transfer applications made as none of the raw materials were subject to the NFA.
Go whole hog and state that no parts were acquired from any entity under the guise of Form 1 kits, solvent trap kits, freeze plug kits, etc..... if that's the truth. The Form 1 is signed under penalties of perjury, it very clearly states that, so tell the truth if that's what the truth is.

They could also be pushing SOT 2, so you could include a manufacturing waiver in Box 4i specifically disclaiming any intent by the applicant to engage in the business of manufacturing under 18 USC 923(a)(21), and the intended use of all lawful purposes limited to personal use.

Last edited:
They're doing this to deny retroactive Form 1s on parts kit suppressors from companies that got themselves shut down. Do things right in the first place and you don't get stuck in trying to unscrew things down the road.

Big difference in a previously approved and valid Form 4 and trying to backdoor an illegal suppressor. If that's catching up some people making actual Form 1 cans, maybe those people should be ****ed at the idiots who tried to get around the law instead of the ATF.

Refile with more info in 4h. NBD. Use their own language on them - The ATF said:

So put this in Box 4h

Go whole hog and state that no parts were acquired from any entity under the guise of Form 1 kits, solvent trap kits, freeze plug kits, etc..... if that's the truth. The Form 1 is signed under penalties of perjury, it very clearly states that, so tell the truth if that's what the truth is.

They could also be pushing SOT 2, so you could include a manufacturing waiver in Box 4i specifically disclaiming any intent by the applicant to engage in the business of manufacturing under 18 USC 923(a)(21), and the intended use of all lawful purposes limited to personal use.
But they have no clue how you built your legal form 1 suppressor before they changed their mind-- nor do they now....if we go by your guidelines then soon all 80% lowers will be illegal too since you didn't forge it yourself. And if you form 1'd your 80% or any serialized regular rifle or shotgun to sbr or sbs it legally- since you didn't manufacture every part from scratch its "illegal" too? That's a bunch of horse patooty--- they agreed it was legal and you went through the proper paperwork, procedures, and paid the fees-- atf issued a legal tax stamp and now they change their mind--- if they make the form 1 suppressor "reinterpretation" stick I guarantee it's just a matter of time-- next step is all form 1's , then 80 %'s, then form 4's---- it all started with the bumpstock "reinterpretation" and it won't stop there...don't forget binary triggers and pistol braces, front angled hand stops, etc, etc, etc.

The "definition of a suppressor" you quoted says every suppressor part is actually a suppressor in and of itself--- so all your form 4's will now require that every baffle, every tube, every booster, every endcap, every muzzlebrake adapter is a suppressor in and of itself so now you have mtiple "parts" that make up a suppressor but only 1 is serialized and registered --- so now your form 4's are illegal too----- if we want to "reinterpret" and think like them--- beware---- we let them take a little, they will try to take a lot

And "building" any rifle from parts-- build a rem 700 bolt action from a registered receiver, add a barrel, trigger, stock, etc--- but if they "reinterpret " the definition of "manufacturing" you would no longer be allowed to do that either.

Last edited: