ATF Electronic Forms

Good deal. I was wondering if the story behind that ATF email was the new Form 4 process because of the timeing. We just got it back, I don't want the big SS/SC guys ****ing them off and taking it away again 🤣

Submitted e-form through a local dealer 2/15/22 using a fingerprint scanner. Wondering if it will make any difference time wise mailing fingerprints vs scanning.

Always go paperwork the electronic crap takes just as long as my .223 can did I can't stand the ATF, you'd think they'd get it right eventually with how many more are being sold now days

just some info for those that have muzzle brakes on your rifles. yesterday I picked up a friends rifle,ammo and his brand new Banish 30 that took 16 months to get. I brought it home to sight it in and removed the brake and guess what? the Vias brake he had installed 2 yrs ago uses a different thread pitch than the can does now he will have to cut, crown and rethread his barrel. this rifle shoots 2.5" groups at 800 yards and he is afraid to cut it so the new can will sit until he decides to buy another rifle. I offered him 750.00 for his can and he will think about it

just some info for those that have muzzle brakes on your rifles. yesterday I picked up a friends rifle,ammo and his brand new Banish 30 that took 16 months to get. I brought it home to sight it in and removed the brake and guess what? the Vias brake he had installed 2 yrs ago uses a different thread pitch than the can does now he will have to cut, crown and rethread his barrel. this rifle shoots 2.5" groups at 800 yards and he is afraid to cut it so the new can will sit until he decides to buy another rifle. I offered him 750.00 for his can and he will think about it
How was it different? There are thread adapters available depending on what you got.

Banish is a 5/8-24 thread. What thread pattern is his muzzle? I'd just get an adapter and call it good. No need to recut threads on the barrel.

Yeah they make thread adapters, definitely check around.
Bought my thunder beast ultra 7 from Mile High back in the middle of March 2021, filled out the information through silencer shop kiosk the beginning of April, funds cleared April 17th. And am still waiting 😭
Called ATF last week and gave them the ser# and they said it could be any time now, but its been close to a year wait from what they said

Vias uses weird thread pitches, like 1/2 and 9/16 but 32TPI. They're for thicker barrels, and are meant to be turned down to match barrel taper.
9/16x32 is definitely weird. 9/16x24 is a little more common and some manufacturers make muzzle devices with that thread pitch but never seen the 32tpi.

I ran a vais brake on my 300 RUM, 1/2-32 thread, I ordered a thread adapter from precision armament for something like $19 bucks to adapt to 5/8-24. Works just fine and measures less than 2 thousandths runout. I checked because I was curious and build my own rifles. Next up is a form 1 can!

I need to find out what the thread pitch it appears to be 5/8 as the can wanted to go but no joy and from what I can find it is probably 5/8-32 of maybe 9/16-32.Vais looks to be out of business so I will check with the gunsmith that installed it this week and see what it is