AR's are flying off the shelf!!

Joe, very well stated. I am getting sick and tired telling people (who ask me questions because I am a "gun guy") that the 2nd amendment has NOTHING to do with hunting. They keep saying that you only need guns to hunt and they should only have 3 shots, blah, blah, blah. I keep a copy of the constitution right on the counter of our store and show them in PRINT what it says.

Randy

Which is a part of this society that truely scares me. They know absolutely nothing (about most things) yet they are more that will to pass judgement based on what they heard or what their mother's cousin's fiance's father's boss said.... There is absolutely ZERO initiative by the average joe out there to look into anything for themselves. Afterall, they read it on the iternet, it MUST be true...

t

I submit to you that this is what happens when you provide for the citizenry and do not allow or force them to succeed - or fail on their own. Everything that threatens the gravy train must be stopped, and anything can be construed to upset the gravy train, given enough time and advertisement.

I have a relative that is in his upper 70s and his whole life he has allowed others to do for him in one way or another. The thing that is striking is how he has crippled his own mind by allowing it to be so undisciplined for so long. He used to not want to think critically, but he simply cannot any longer - and has been this way for 20 years. This is where society is in my estimation. How else can you have facts and figures but choose to listen to others put a spin on it rather than look up truths for yourself? Coddling to prevent pain is a future catastrophe waiting to happen, not at all unlike an unfenced dog that keeps roaming in the neighbor's sheep farm.

Critical thinking has become a suspicious activity, only acceptance to the newest fad will do. And it is all too apparent that an AWB is the newest fad to be desired for those who hold the airwaves. The question on the other foot, however, is: how many gun owners are also thinking this through critically and looking down the road? My bet is that there are a few things that rank higher in importance than the AR and ammo they just purchased: paying the mortgage, putting beans on the table, putting shoes on little Johnny and getting a little free time in the easy chair.

Last edited:
I would say the vast majority of Americans would turn in all their weapons when push comes to shove. Most Americans now are dependent on the government for their existence. When one ponders exactly who is in a state of dependancy, the usual suspects come to mind. Around 48 percent of the population is on foodstamps, about fifty percent of all babies born is out of wedlock, most of these will receive government assistance of some kind. A fair amount of the population is living in government housing, millions has free Obama phones, tens of millions receive direct cash welfare benefits. These are the ones that generally come to mind when one thinks of government handouts.

So, who else is dependent. Let's see, school teachers, firemen, policemen, sanitation workers, military personel, government workers of all stripes, folks on social security, folks on assisted living programs, folks on Medicare and Medicaid, dairy farmers, corn farmers producing corn for ethanol, anyone who works for or is retired from General Motors, General Electric and a host of other companies who have sold their soul.

Add to the list all folks in the U.S. Whose retirement check is signed by a government official. Now, the list will include every man woman and child now living in America thanks to Obamacare.

By the time the government demands that you turn in your firearms, there will be laws in place that will require you to do so in order to receive benefits. Who is going to resist when they have a sick child who can't get treatment because there is a firearm in the home, what military veteran is going to resist when their retirement check stops coming in the mail. What General Motors employee is going to resist when the union boss tells him he can no longer be part of the union and can no longer be empolyed.

So you say, the Federal Government would never use the powers of the bureaus to impose their will on the public! Really, the IRS has already been used in this way, and it looks as though several members or Congress were pressuring them to do so. President Obama is on record encouraging his supporters to reward his friends and punish his enemies.

So, I said all that to say this. There will be precious few resist when the Progressives come for your weapons. Those that do will be deemed terrorists and will be squashed post haste. The media will cover up all the atrocities that will be committed during the purge and after a brief and limited struggle, the disarming of America will be complete.

When the smoke clears, the folks will still have their free stuff---- for a while. Eventually the rest of the world will come to understand we have screwed them by printing counterfeit money. The dollar will lose it's current status and will be replaced by something else. The counterfeit money supply will dry up as will all the freebies.

The elitist will circle the wagons and most of the resources will be held by a few. Very poor conditions will persist for the masses. Since the masses are not armed, the elitist have little to fear and will be able to maintain control until conditions become so unbearable that there is a massive revolt. Who knows what happens after that.

I doubt it. If you are 30 then you will see it, maybe. I'm old enough to be your grandfather so I won't.

Kids today (for the most part), don't have a clue whats in store for them....

What I've enjoyed, they never will and what I've made monetarily, they never will either.

The way it is, sadly....

I would say the vast majority of Americans would turn in all their weapons when push comes to shove. Most Americans now are dependent on the government for their existence. When one ponders exactly who is in a state of dependancy, the usual suspects come to mind. Around 48 percent of the population is on foodstamps, about fifty percent of all babies born is out of wedlock, most of these will receive government assistance of some kind. A fair amount of the population is living in government housing, millions has free Obama phones, tens of millions receive direct cash welfare benefits. These are the ones that generally come to mind when one thinks of government handouts.

So, who else is dependent. Let's see, school teachers, firemen, policemen, sanitation workers, military personel, government workers of all stripes, folks on social security, folks on assisted living programs, folks on Medicare and Medicaid, dairy farmers, corn farmers producing corn for ethanol, anyone who works for or is retired from General Motors, General Electric and a host of other companies who have sold their soul.

Add to the list all folks in the U.S. Whose retirement check is signed by a government official. Now, the list will include every man woman and child now living in America thanks to Obamacare.

By the time the government demands that you turn in your firearms, there will be laws in place that will require you to do so in order to receive benefits. Who is going to resist when they have a sick child who can't get treatment because there is a firearm in the home, what military veteran is going to resist when their retirement check stops coming in the mail. What General Motors employee is going to resist when the union boss tells him he can no longer be part of the union and can no longer be empolyed.

So you say, the Federal Government would never use the powers of the bureaus to impose their will on the public! Really, the IRS has already been used in this way, and it looks as though several members or Congress were pressuring them to do so. President Obama is on record encouraging his supporters to reward his friends and punish his enemies.

So, I said all that to say this. There will be precious few resist when the Progressives come for your weapons. Those that do will be deemed terrorists and will be squashed post haste. The media will cover up all the atrocities that will be committed during the purge and after a brief and limited struggle, the disarming of America will be complete.

When the smoke clears, the folks will still have their free stuff---- for a while. Eventually the rest of the world will come to understand we have screwed them by printing counterfeit money. The dollar will lose it's current status and will be replaced by something else. The counterfeit money supply will dry up as will all the freebies.

The elitist will circle the wagons and most of the resources will be held by a few. Very poor conditions will persist for the masses. Since the masses are not armed, the elitist have little to fear and will be able to maintain control until conditions become so unbearable that there is a massive revolt. Who knows what happens after that.

Just like everyone else I have had the scenario play out in my mind about this. And to be quite frank, it scares the **** out of me. What can people do as a whole, nothing because of scared, selfish and ignorant citizens. What can one person do about it, nothing because of scared, selfish and ignorant citizens. Fear is a powerful tool. How can you love your country so much, then hate what it has become at the same time? I feel we all hate our president, all we can do is pray he sees the light and not the dollar.

I don't (hate) our President. Hate is a terrible word thats used way too much today. I don't agree with his principles but hate him, certainly not.

He's just one person. What is occuring is the result of many people (politicians). Our government is broken and will continue to be until the citizens muster the backbone to change it.

Until then, nothing will change for the better, it will only continue to become worse.

Postulation does nothing except breed fear and uncertainy.

I've found from experience that the biggest postulators don't even bother to vote.

Adolph Hitler was named man of the year by Time Magizine 1938. Neville Chamberlian returned from a meeting with Hitler, waved a nonaggression pact and proclaimed; " Peace In Our Time." Seven years later the world lay in ruins and 60 million people had been killed.

Bill O'Reilly just last week declared on his program that nothing like that could happen here because we have too many checks and balances. The hair stood up on my head as I listened to him. When the feces hits the oscillator, it will happen very quickly and will catch a hapless world flatfooted.

Checks and balances?

Gosh, I was worried for nutin' ......... I though O'bumer was strutting his pen and phone lately ........... guess I can sleep better now .......... ?

Yes, O'Reilly is living in somewhat of a fantasy ....... Congress, for various reasons has not had the back bone to take the POTUS on.

Three 44s

The Democrats in congress are in the middle of an all out assault on liberty, the Republicans are happy to sit on the sidelines and allow them to proceed. Once in a while if the Dems push too hard, too fast on certain issues you will hear a few pitiful whimperings from the Republicans. Even then it is only because they fear conservatives will abandon them. Basically, the politicians of both parties, bureaucrats, the media and academia are power sharing and have become the ruling class. Our system of government has become a giant Oligarchy.

The relationships of the people running the aforementioned entities are incestuous. Many of top folks in the Obama Administration were recruited from top positions in the media. Others are siblings or spouses of folks in the national media or other segments of of power.

Power brokers in the Federal reserve are physically, emotionally, and genetically connected to those in the other entities. Check out the relationship of Barbara Walters and Allen Greenspan, Kirsten Powers and Anthony Wiener. Check out who Jay Carney is married to, the list goes on and on.

When you combine that cesspool of corruption that our government has become, with a population who is clueless and willing to vote for whoever will promise the most free stuff, disaster is assured.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.