Oregon IP 13 - are the vegans getting organized?

P7M13

People say it'll never pass, but looking at all the patchouli hipsters, bunny and tree huggers here, one can never be completely sure.
And then I look at eggs in the grocery store, "organic, vegetarian fed chickens...." Anyone who has ever raised fowl knows there's nothing vegetarian about a chicken.
"Them vegans is organized...."

You absolutely need to remind the "Never Passers" what happened in CA regarding mountain lion hunting.

I was a California Bowmans Hunters legislative representative and wore myself out traveling the entire North California making sure the rod and gun clubs and ALL of the outdoorsman type clubs knew that the law trying to be passed would likely be passed because of the southern CA lack of knowledge about anything in nature.

Even today, it makes me mad and slightly gut sick how many of my fellow hunters and outdoorsman told me to my frickin face "That bill will never pass"

As you can probably guess, the bill passed.

It had nothing to do with the bunny huggers being so "organized"

The bill passed because of ALL the outdoorsmen did absolutely NOTHING.

Please trust me on this one. Don't let the outdoorsmen rest easy on the idea that "This bill will never pass"

Last edited:
I went and read the actual bill. I think the sportsman's alliance maybe over exaggerating. We live in a fear mongering world these days.

Page 4, section 7

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, unless gross negligence can be shown, the provisions of ORS 167.315 (Animal abuse in the second degree) to 167.333 (Sexual assault of an animal) do not apply to: (

[(g) Lawful fishing, hunting and trapping activities;]

Maybe I am misunderstanding but it looks like hunting and fishing is protected.

Hunting would be impacted by this. The brackets and italics mean it is being deleted, bold means it is being added.

Hunting would be impacted by this. The brackets and italics mean it is being deleted, bold means it is being added.
OK, thank you. I was wondering about that. Seems like it would destroy the livestock farming industry as well. Seem like the only way it could pass is if people were unaware of what it actually does.

Yes it would. There is another initiative in Colorado severely limiting livestock farming as well. These things will probably continue to pop up in certain states.

OK, thank you. I was wondering about that. Seems like it would destroy the livestock farming industry as well. Seem like the only way it could pass is if people were unaware of what it actually does.
And the mouth breathers who will vote for it say, "won't affect me, I get my meat from the grocery store."
I knew scores of people who voted to ban using dogs to hunt cougars. One asked me two years ago, "what's the best weapon to bring into the woods for a cougar attack?" I answered, "don't bother, you'll never see or hear the one that kills you."