Those pellet guns on the table are really really scary

Putting aside the story itself, the way it has been reported is really telling! How fast a societal "norm" can shift:

Paraphrasing:

ie, Glock handguns valued at $10K

Military style rifles, including rifles with telescopic sights (who needs that?)

Liscensed to have 71 weapons, and unclear if recent mandatory audit led to raid

Men believed to be holding weapons for others, will be checked against the registry

More and more every year, I am becoming a firm believer in the "don't give an inch, don't negotiate your rights" mentality. Hard to see how the Australians ever get "normal" firearm freedoms back reading something like that.

I certainly don't know the whole story, but absent was any intimation of wrongdoing, conspiracy to commit violence, ties to radical groups, gang affiliation, criminal history, etc. just a huge pile of guns and ammo.

Think I'll send a check to the NRA today, Thanksgiving weekend and all ....

I have clients that have 1000 or more pieces of art, pictures coins etc. I see these people as collectors and a bit obsessive compulsive. However, who's to judge one person's hobbies and collecting fun. I'd doubt these are more likely than a piece of art to get in the "wrong" hands. Ask yourself the question?

Is it safer to break in a home and steal 3 million in art in collectibles or
break in a home to steal 3 million in guns and ammo?

I think a real thief would rather grab the art! seems a bit safer to me, what do you think? Kinda far fetched to think these are going to get in the wrong hands. Most people are so afraid of guns that any criminal wanting to steal these is pretty far out on the psycho side. He just can't expect to live very long trying to rip off gun owners like this? Do you think these guys are going to call 911 before they stop the thieves themselves, now really.

Were starting to live in a society that is scared of it's own shadow and thinks the police can respond to our every need before crimes are committed.

NRA baby, if you are responsible let's not get carried away to think these are a risk to society.

Were starting to live in a society that is scared of it's own shadow and thinks the police can respond to our every need before crimes are committed.

That is what the people in charge want you to think!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.