are you guys in the South tracking this?

jbs2014

I find the fact that a democrat in the South would be introducing this legislation a bit unsettleing. Looks like the whole "nobody is going to take your guns away" statement that the left uses is complete BS (course most of us knew that anyway).

Georgia Democrats Introduce 'Assault Weapon' Confiscation Bill - Breitbart

and from another source

Georgia Democrat Drafts Bill To Ban Assault Weapons | WABE 90.1 FM

This is the disturbing part

A Georgia Democratic lawmaker has introduced a bill that would ban assault rifles and ideally ask people to surrender them.

Now, I know that this bill likely has no chance of passing but the fact that the antigun left has the audacity of introducing something like this in a state like Georgia is a bit unsettling. What is new in all of this is that leading democrat presidential candidates are actualy proposing confiscation as opposed to eight years ago when they would not have even dared mention such a thing.

Not from Georgia, but I bet anything if you look at the political funding that got these legislators elected to office:

Mary Margaret Oliver (D-83rd), Stacey Abrams (D-89th), Carolyn Hugley (D-136th), Pat Gardiner (D-57th), Dar'shun Kendrick (D-93rd), Dee Dawkins-Haigler (D-91st);

You will find it came directly from Bloomberg. Before Bloomberg finances their campaign, they have to pledge to introduce these types of bills. He owns them and the bills they bring forth.

Bloomberg is taking second amendment rights away from citizens at the state level, state by state. Gun owners really need to pay attention at the state level as to what out of state funding is shewing their elections.

I do not align myself with any political party. I would say my philosophy is live and let live. As long as you're not hurting anyone or negatively impacting society then who cares what you do? So this is what upsets me so much about liberalism. They demand freedoms and rights for others (underclass, underprivileged, my dad left when I was young, whatever) but at the expense of limiting others. Also, the left constantly complains about special interest groups, the "Upper Class", and Wall street. For the special interest groups, their example is none other than the NRA. Meanwhile Mr. Bloomberg can spread his agenda throughout our politicians using money, position, and power to influence bills that directly affect Americans. It's hypocrisy at its finest. Its disgusting. I don't care what your race, ethnicity, creed, gender, religion, orientation is as long as you respect the rights of those around you regardless if you agree with them or not. Liberals, they want their cake and eat it too.

I am originally from Georgia, and I am going back there once my promise to my country is complete, and I'll tell you one thing, those politicians will not be in their positions for long acting as the puppets they are. Georgians will easily elect someone who cares about individual freedoms.

In summary liberals are weak hypocrites who feed off the masses desire for equality at the expense of others. Regardless of what laws are passed Ill continue to own "Assault Rifles."

Rant Over....

Agree!^^^

This will never pass. The southeast is a strong region, and guns are a way of life for us. Bloomberg needs to get put in prison for treason. So does George Soros. Soros was put in prison by Bush Sr., but ole' Slick Willie let him out when he took office.

Those 2 corrupt individuals is where all this attempted confiscation and banning legislation is coming from. Also, it's now been proven that Soros is who paid the Ferguson rioters and the BLM protesters...

Good article

Of particular interest is this quote:
"This is the first step toward the left openly stating that they would approve of gun seizure"

I would say that the left has always wanted firearm seizure. They have constantly been mentioning the "Australian model" as something they would like to implement here. And speaking of Australia I understand that they also have a desire to outlaw bolt action rifles there as well, the new argument being that they are used in suicides.

I agree that Soros and Bloomberg are behind a great deal of this but I think that there are also others as well such as Bill Gates, who I have read has been supporting a lot of gun control initiatives as well.

Did you happen to read the article in Time magazine a few years ago where Bloomberg openly stated that he was going to aid in purging the democrat party of all pro gun members? Even if it cost them elections?

Good article

Of particular interest is this quote:
"This is the first step toward the left openly stating that they would approve of gun seizure"

I would say that the left has always wanted firearm seizure. They have constantly been mentioning the "Australian model" as something they would like to implement here. And speaking of Australia I understand that they also have a desire to outlaw bolt action rifles there as well, the new argument being that they are used in suicides.

I agree that Soros and Bloomberg are behind a great deal of this but I think that there are also others as well such as Bill Gates, who I have read has been supporting a lot of gun control initiatives as well.

Did you happen to read the article in Time magazine a few years ago where Bloomberg openly stated that he was going to aid in purging the democrat party of all pro gun members? Even if it cost them elections?
No, I didn't...But it doesn't surprise me. Evil is, as evil does, and those rich gun-grabbers will stop at nothing. Which means we (as the TRUE majority) need to ensure our rights by voting out the democraps and liberals, and anti-gun RINOs.

I do not align myself with any political party. I would say my philosophy is live and let live. As long as you're not hurting anyone or negatively impacting society then who cares what you do? So this is what upsets me so much about liberalism. They demand freedoms and rights for others (underclass, underprivileged, my dad left when I was young, whatever) but at the expense of limiting others. Also, the left constantly complains about special interest groups, the "Upper Class", and Wall street. For the special interest groups, their example is none other than the NRA. Meanwhile Mr. Bloomberg can spread his agenda throughout our politicians using money, position, and power to influence bills that directly affect Americans. It's hypocrisy at its finest. Its disgusting. I don't care what your race, ethnicity, creed, gender, religion, orientation is as long as you respect the rights of those around you regardless if you agree with them or not. Liberals, they want their cake and eat it too.

I am originally from Georgia, and I am going back there once my promise to my country is complete, and I'll tell you one thing, those politicians will not be in their positions for long acting as the puppets they are. Georgians will easily elect someone who cares about individual freedoms.

In summary liberals are weak hypocrites who feed off the masses desire for equality at the expense of others. Regardless of what laws are passed Ill continue to own "Assault Rifles."

Rant Over....

Excellent rant. You really hit on an important point when you said "Regardless of what laws are passed Ill continue to own "Assault Rifles." That is the mindset that all of us should take now. If all of the 60+ million gun owners in this country were to say the same thing, and mean it, then I think the anti gun crowd would tread a lot more carefully.

Thank you

Democrats know they are lying, and they know that we know they are lying. The sad part is that there are more and more people who can't spot their lies and hypocrisy. They are gaining momentum through stupid people.

Democrats know they are lying, and they know that we know they are lying. The sad part is that there are more and more people who can't spot their lies and hypocrisy. They are gaining momentum through stupid people.

Idiocracy 2016... 489 years ahead of schedule.

The idiot left knows what they're doing, and you are correct, stupid people are the only reason why they have ANY momentum at all.

They think no guns will = peace & unicorns. The fact is, you can't disinvent something once it's been well-established. That would be like trying to disinvent the a-bomb and telling Japan it never happened. But those idiots who vote for Obummer, Hitlery, and Comrade Bernie would believe it... It's sad those people are allowed to vote and breed. They need to be sterilized so they can't further pollute the already generously diluted gene pool.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.