Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Added to Media?

Thanks for the update.
Someone else talked about the dust so I will not use baking soda but will order the crushed walnut hulls from Home Depot.
IMG_20220225_223650675.jpg3.5 hours tumbling today, I added soft scrub, home Depot media, aneal marks are gone, I think it works just as good as any other walnut shells if not better, I think I'll stick with the coarse, I had a bag sandwiched between the bowl and lid, no dust on the bag, it's basically a dollar a pound and works great, I definitely recommend.

View attachment 3446393.5 hours tumbling today, I added soft scrub, home Depot media, aneal marks are gone, I think it works just as good as any other walnut shells if not better, I think I'll stick with the coarse, I had a bag sandwiched between the bowl and lid, no dust on the bag, it's basically a dollar a pound and works great, I definitely recommend.
Actually I'll try the medium anyways, I'm sure it will work good but why not, see if there's a difference, cheap enough.

Yea a good comparison would tell the tale.
I want to order one but will wait until you finish the test and thanks for going through all this trouble.
The brass was clean of residue cause I ran it through ultrasonic cleaner first but the walnut shells got darker so it scrubbed them pretty good, my AR was leaving light scratch or cut on case that would be shiny and it is smoothed out that, little bit in primer pocket on some but you can tap it out, I think the medium would be good cause it would be smaller and probably have nothing any primer pocket.

The brass was clean of residue cause I ran it through ultrasonic cleaner first but the walnut shells got darker so it scrubbed them pretty good, my AR was leaving light scratch or cut on case that would be shiny and it is smoothed out that, little bit in primer pocket on some but you can tap it out, I think the medium would be good cause it would be smaller and probably have nothing any primer pocket.
In any primer pocket is what I meant to say, but Lyman stuff does sometimes get some stuck in pocket too so I would say cleans as good for sure.

In any primer pocket is what I meant to say, but Lyman stuff does sometimes get some stuck in pocket too so I would say cleans as good for sure.
I just remembered what I didn't like about the rice besides it not doing much cleaning for me, the rice was getting stuck right halfway in the flash hole and that was a pita to get out, yeah that pretty much made it a no go

Ok I'll order the medium grit.Thanks
IMG_20220225_233342986.jpgActually next test will be same media with nu finish, I used a polishing compound before and it really shined, this is pretty much media with a little soft scrub which doesn't shine a lot but it is clean, I looked at the inside of neck and it's clean, but I'll definitely show what nu finish does, many recommend it for a while now, see what happens.

View attachment 344648Actually next test will be same media with nu finish, I used a polishing compound before and it really shined, this is pretty much media with a little soft scrub which doesn't shine a lot but it is clean, I looked at the inside of neck and it's clean, but I'll definitely show what nu finish does, many recommend it for a while now, see what happens.
I know I'm going on and on but I thought about the comparison to baking soda mix I used with soft scrub and polishing compound, I tumbled that for 4 hours, aneal marks were clearly visible, pretty much the same, that was with lizard mix, 4 hours with depot mix and aneal marks are gone, had some pretty oxidized cases in there too and look great now, so in comparison the depot stuff is pretty good and cheap, but I'll see if nu finish really shines, I think it will.

I have used Nu Finish before and I didn't like it. I know I am probably the only person in the world who didn't like. It worked okay, but left something on the cases I didn't like. Maybe a blackish film. I almost hate to mention it since I don't recall exactly what it was, but since you are going to try it maybe you will notice something about it too. I have the case polish that came with my Berry tumbler and will use it up and probably buy more. I liked it better than the Nu Finish.

Do you think the fine or medium grit is closest to the lizard media? I like the fact that it rarely gets stuck in my Lapua .059" flash holes or plugs the primer pockets.

I have used Nu Finish before and I didn't like it. I know I am probably the only person in the world who didn't like. It worked okay, but left something on the cases I didn't like. Maybe a blackish film. I almost hate to mention it since I don't recall exactly what it was, but since you are going to try it maybe you will notice something about it too. I have the case polish that came with my Berry tumbler and will use it up and probably buy more. I liked it better than the Nu Finish.

Do you think the fine or medium grit is closest to the lizard media? I like the fact that it rarely gets stuck in my Lapua .059" flash holes or plugs the primer pockets.
I would say to get the fine if you want to be sure it won't get any stuck, actually I was wondering if that lemi shine stuff can be added to walnut media, I'm gonna get some for my ultrasonic cleaner maybe I'll give it a try.

I don't think LemiShine will work dry. I used LS when I wet tumbled and it works great, but I believe it needs to be dissolved and in liquid form to work. Its a mild citric acid.

I don't think LemiShine will work dry. I used LS when I wet tumbled and it works great, but I believe it needs to be dissolved and in liquid form to work. Its a mild citric acid.
You're probably right, seems that it's the citric acid that does the cleaning from what I'm seeing