Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Added to Media?

I've been adding 1 cap of this to my walnut with each load of brass ….. works amazingly well, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying the Baking Soda…
Don't know for sure, but the polish might leave a 'film' on the surface that keeps the brass from tarnishing for a longer time. I got some and tried it with my wet tumbling but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I have used rice and will again in the future.
The only problem with white rice is the color.It turns dark pretty fast but still works well and I over think most things and change the rice.
The wife wondered where our rice is going and I had to fess up.
If you use rice with a little mineral spirits and NuFinish car polish you will get great results but just remember the rice will turn dark fast but don't change it as it's still working.
Just my experience

BFD Guns had a thread a while back that discussed the rice media and what to add to make it work great.
I tried rice by itself and didn't do much, just tried the baking soda for over 3hrs mixed with walnut shells, got a big plume of dust as I emptied tumbler, results otherwise, don't really see any big improvement, I'm gonna add nu finish by itself and see what happens.

IMG_20220224_184438748.jpgThis is the coarse walnut shell from home Depot, arrived today, it feels much more abrasive than the lizard stuff which makes sense cause it's made for sandblasters, I think it will do good and I'll keep you posted, with tax this cost me 27 dollars for 25lbs.

View attachment 344317This is the coarse walnut shell from home Depot, arrived today, it feels much more abrasive than the lizard stuff which makes sense cause it's made for sandblasters, I think it will do good and I'll keep you posted, with tax this cost me 27 dollars for 25lbs.
Just to add the 27 dollars included free delivery to my house, it is not dusty either.

View attachment 344317This is the coarse walnut shell from home Depot, arrived today, it feels much more abrasive than the lizard stuff which makes sense cause it's made for sandblasters, I think it will do good and I'll keep you posted, with tax this cost me 27 dollars for 25lbs.
So what do I look for and where in Home Depot?
Cheaper than the stuff I am using

So what do I look for and where in Home Depot?
Cheaper than the stuff I am using
IMG_20220224_190446334.jpgI'm trying it now, I'll let you know how it works tomorrow but like I said it feels grittier than lizard stuff and no dust on my hands when scooping some up, feels kinda like jagged little rocks. Makes sense that the lizard stuff isn't so coarse as it probably wouldn't be good for pet lizard.

View attachment 344321I'm trying it now, I'll let you know how it works tomorrow but like I said it feels grittier than lizard stuff and no dust on my hands when scooping some up, feels kinda like jagged little rocks. Makes sense that the lizard stuff isn't so coarse as it probably wouldn't be good for pet lizard.
I will definitely stock up, who knows where prices will go on everything with Russia, I'm sure up.