Are you Satisfied?

I'm sitting this president out, just like I did the last two democrat administrations. I've been at this game long enough to have lived through a number of supply shortage and price gouging episodes and am fortunate to have 40+ different rifle powders (150+ pounds) and 20,000+ primers on hand and a steady Supply of hammers.

I have a number of shooting friends who are less fortunate and I take great pleasure in being able serve as their LGS. I met a guy at my club range last fall who was in a panic trying to develop a new load a week before his elk hunt because he couldn't find components for his pet load (N570 and 215 Bergers). I ran home quick and grabbed a pound of powder and a box of bullets. He wanted to pay me, but I told him he could replace them when he was able. It reminds me of a saying from my misspent youth that marijuanna will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no marijuana. And my parents said that stuff would affect my brain.
Hey. That's my pet load also.

Oh,.... I was thinking 55 gallon drum. I have a keg + 2 pounds of 50bmg, but that wont go as far as 55 gallons.........LOL

Wow, that really sounds cool. I have a Keg of powder. I need to call my neighbors and tell them I have a Keg of powder in the house.......LOL

I will bet the fire department will put me on the "no fly list"
Yep, my dad is a retired firefighter. When rounds start popping off they back off to a safe distance until the ashes cool. They are not going to save your house. So buy good insurance in addition to all that ammo!

I'm satisfied. I got enough to carry me through prepping for and completing a sheep hunt and then some I'd rather bow hunt everything else and when I shoot my bow I'm not just burning money like with my guns.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I got all my 7 mag reloading stuff since Covid started and I'm not really into it like you guys are. That included 3 different powders, 4 different bullets, brass, and a brick of primers. No inflated prices except I thought the VV560 was a bit more than the h1000 and h4381sc. My 270 and 300wm supplies sit idle.

Yep, my dad is a retired firefighter. When rounds start popping off they back off to a safe distance until the ashes cool. They are not going to save your house. So buy good insurance in addition to all that ammo!
I was at a gun raffle at the volunteer local fire hall last September and got to talking guns with the chief. After telling him where I live, he indicated I was already on his list. He went on to explain that he will be the first one in the door to rescue the powder. The glimmer in his eye indicated that he meant to say liberate instead of rescue.

I'm about to have to buy a new cabinet to hold all of the reloading stuff I have bought in the last 12 months. I've probably got 50lbs+ of powder now, 10k primers, and 5k bullets. In addition to a pretty serious supply of factory ammo..

I'm gonna sit the next shortage out, you guys let me know how it goes.
If anyone wants to trade 1k small rifle primers for 1k large rifle primers or possibly more I would be happy to do it. I use large rifle primers and was caught off gaurd by the recent shortage. I have plenty of small rifle primers. Just reply here or email me directly at [email protected]

I make it a habit to buy ammo at the same time as a new gun and I buy about 250 to 500 rounds and then set it by knowing I will be ok for a while without causing a shortage with future purchases....LOL. I was lucky I bought 1000 rounds of Lake City 2020 50BMG right after I got the rifle and the gun came with 10# of powder and 750 rounds of brass. And when I got my self protection side arm, a P40, I won 400 rounds of S&W 40 just a few days later in a contest. I have 2,000 rounds of 7.62x39 and God only knows how many rounds of 9mm Para Bellum that I bought at 19 cents a round when I got my P08 Luger.
If I buy the ammo when I get the gun I dont need to worry about the ups and downs of the market.
My recent purchase of a KelTec KSG-25 shotgun that will hold 41 rounds of shorty 12GA required some looking around for the ammo I wanted, 12GA, 1 3/4", slugs, but I did find it, finally, the same way I found the gun, with an ongoing search on Ammoseek.com. Got 200 rounds for 25 cents a round. I will never shoot that much unless an army attacks the house. BUT the gun does hold 20% of my stock at one loading so I figured 200 rounds was not too much.

I'll buy 1,000 to 1,200 rounds at a time, when the price is right, for each caliber of my rifles, as I tend to do a lot of shooting at my Fish & Game club. I bought 500 rounds of ball 9mm for annual quals for the PD and state, I've nearly blown through that. I like to dot my i's, when I can. I'm getting a bit more shaky with old age. But bipods, tripods & bags do wonders.

Generally yes. I carefully plan loading activites & resupply when needed. I get into unusual combinations some of which have worked out well.
In 2021 we shot up about 3750 rounds not counting handguns & rimfire.

Screenshot (251).png

Last edited:
Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
I try to remain satisfied. I look, but I'm not buying stuff at these prices. With all the craziness, the market is going through a price reset. For me, that is not $150 for 1000 primer or $40 /lb of powder. So, I'm holding. I suggest we all do the same!

Am I the only one that is not contributing to the Shortage? Am I the only one that has all I need on the shelf (not that much, but I am not planning for the apocalypse either) and not looking to getting any more till prices drop?
Over the years I just get what I need to keep a decent supply and dont respond to every little , "Hey, guys, I found this......" .
I am happy too what makes me unhappy.. is that. lately I have adapt myself with what I find... shortage hit bad canada... impossible for me to find varget or rl 22 or 26 or 17... the only powders I always used between multiple calibers ( I started reload finding the compromise between 300 wm 6.5 cm..and 223... and once found my To go reload I don't change) now..I waste more time trying to mix and match results.. because OTHERS. LIKE TO BUY TONS OF THE SAME POWDERS LIVING THE REST WITHOUT IT... SAD.... SAD... AND VERY SELFISH
but what we can do... that is the human been ... and p.s what a @@@@ if I reload 80 to 100 6.5 cm with pound of rl17 . what other people does with10 r 20 pounds? they really watingfor the end of the world?