My brain and idle thoughts

Darryle

I bought this rifle on another forum, no issue with my choice, except for the fact that I know that I will continue to want the 18" Browning X-Bolt SPR version, same twist except for it comes threaded 5/8-24. I know that the aftermarket is even smaller, actually non-existent for the Super Short Action Browning, so I would be stuck with the factory plastic stock.

My plan with this Tikka was to eventually swap out the bottom metal and magazine for actual real metal and swap to the T3X stock(bought one from the classifieds) or possibly an EH1 or similar carbon. If I want to get to 18" with the Tikka, I will probably have to swap in a prefit and then I would just have a 7 twist built with a belled muzzle for 5/8-24 threads.

I have a stock pile of 62gr Fusion, 64gr Nosler Bonded Solid Based and the holy grail 77gr TMK.

The rifle has shipped, just in a lull contemplating my decision. I have had quite a few Tikkas and still have a couple, no 223s though. It's just that I am a bigger Browning nerd. Who knows, the little Tikka may grow on me and there are plenty of options for a Tikka based build. Contemplating bailing on the Tikka and just ordering the X-Bolt like I had planned a month ago.

Original ad I purchased it from:

Tikka T3 .223 Superlite Stainless fluted barrel 1:8" twist

2x magazines - one is modified for running the 75 Amax and one standard

Barrel threaded 1/2x28 with cap

Factory length - 22.4"

Hydro-dipped stock in KUIU verde with an IR reduction material that gives it a really light textured feel.

Action bedded and small pic rail on the fore grip (also bedded)

Straight fluted bolt by LRI

Ernie trigger spring

20 MOA rail

Rifle is like new with 20 rounds fired by previous owner. I have not fired it.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3867.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 40

Recent Posts