Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

It can get a smaller expander ball for almost any full length die but if you use a bushing die you can just size the neck the correct about to not require a expander ball. I use hornady seaters because they are basically universal per caliber and if you buy the inserts they can seat bullets in any caliber.

Hey guys. A quick question. PTG is building a reamer for me chambered to 7-300 win. I have a rem 700 action. What freebore should I use so that I don't have to get a Wyatt box extension? I'm using 180 vlds. And any other info on dimensions would be great.

Cheers.

I would send them some dummy cases with the bullets seat exactly how you want them instead of relying on others. It's cheap insurance to get exactly what you want.

Hey guys. A quick question. PTG is building a reamer for me chambered to 7-300 win. I have a rem 700 action. What freebore should I use so that I don't have to get a Wyatt box extension? I'm using 180 vlds. And any other info on dimensions would be great.

Cheers.

for about $25 bucks I would reconsider the Wyatt box. Especially if you are thinking RWS brass. This will give you some added case spce which I fel can lower pressure.

Jeff

For those that already have the 7mm-300win mag, what is your COAL when using the 180 Berger VLD?

Im hoping you say under 3.700"

thanks..tim

So I read this whole thread. Still confused on what reamer to get. If you guys have already figured out a good one.

So I read this whole thread. Still confused on what reamer to get. If you guys have already figured out a good one.

The reamer is simple. I used all the case dimentions of a 300 win with a 7mm neck. The only tricky part it the length of the throat / freebore. This should be determined by the intended bullet and the length of the mag box that will be used.

Jeff

I prolly have a blue print for my reamer, but it is a "tight neck" chamber. It is throated for 180 Berger VLD's at a mag feeding over all length.

Also as an option, you could get one of us to send you a fired case. You can send the fired case and the bullet you want to use to your reamer company and they can take it from there in making your reamer...

Broz and Nate I want to thank you both for all the info and advice that you have put into this thread. I have read it in its entirety at least 3 times. In fact it is the sole reason my son and I had pac-nor build us a 7mm-300wm barrel for a savage action we had. It is showing that the accuracy is right at 3200 fps with 180 vld's also. It is just a pleasure to shoot. Thank you guys again, Jason

Broz and Nate I want to thank you both for all the info and advice that you have put into this thread. I have read it in its entirety at least 3 times. In fact it is the sole reason my son and I had pac-nor build us a 7mm-300wm barrel for a savage action we had. It is showing that the accuracy is right at 3200 fps with 180 vld's also. It is just a pleasure to shoot. Thank you guys again, Jason

You are welcome and Thank You for your report. 3200 is the top velocity I have seen too with 180's. My buddy that has one of these I put together in MO. continues to be thrilled with the accuracy and ease of shooting this rilfe. He gets consistant groups under 2" at 500. My other friend that has the first one I had is still shooting his weekly. I get about 2 calls or text's a week about him busting another yote. Last one was at 626. These rifles continue to keep stacking up game and I am doing two more now. One ina 9 twist and one in an 8 1/2. When the 8 1/2 is done I want to shoot it side by side with my 300 win to compare the 215 Bergers to the new 195's. Then I will know. But I am still under the opinion for a 7mm this is the best chambering you can get.

Jeff

Jeff

Broz what length barrel are you using and powder for those velocities, I'm compiling starting point data for my 7x300wby, if you have some 162grn info that would be great as well, Thanks.

In mine I am shooting 76.5 gr of H1000 with the 180 vlds for a 3208-3209 fps average depending on the day with 7fps ES and behind the 162 amax 78.5 of H1000 running 3320fps ES of 15. This tube definitely shoots the VLDS better. My son shot a 5" group today at 760 with the 180 VLDS in a gusty 9mph wind this afternoon. We are really impressed with this caliber. Good luck with yours.

Jason

Broz what length barrel are you using and powder for those velocities, I'm compiling starting point data for my 7x300wby, if you have some 162grn info that would be great as well, Thanks.

H-1000 from a 28". No info here on a 162 in a 7. I am one of those big bullet bg BC long range guys. :)

Jeff

Does anyone have a piece of 7mm/300 Win brass that they would be willing to part with so that I can make a dummy to have a new barrel chambered?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts