Anyone own a 7mm 300 Win Mag?

Are you guys using a 300 Win gauge to headspace the 7mm-300?

I just tossed a bunch of WW and RP brass we shot in a box and took it to storage. I could send one of those but it will be a few days before I get to town when the PO is open.

I am not sure about the headspace gauge I will ask the smith that threads and chambers for me..

Jeff

Unless you order a head space gauge specifically to head space off of the shoulder all belted magnums with a .532" head size use the same head space gauges which head spaces off of the belt.

I think I have some PMC cases that aren't loaded from my old 7-300wm.

Hey guy's. This is my first post on this site so please bear with me. Been reading
About the 7mm/300 win mag an made up my mind to build one. Gonna be using
a 700 rem PSS(I've been told that it is a cilvian model of the M24 sniper rifle.
Just gonna get my smith to ream the barrel that's on it for now for a starting
point. Gonna be shooting 180 Bergers or A-Max, probably H-1000. Been reading
the tread and have gotten a lot of good info!Thanks to all! Any new info will be welcomed. Been shooting Rem model 700, 26" barrel, 168 Berger, 71grH-1000.
Sound pretty warm but very acurrute(dime size groups at 100 yards) sometimes
smaller depending on me! Thanks again.

Just finished another one off a Weatherby action with a 28" Hart.

DSC03741Small.jpg

The first shots from it while braking in the barrel and working up the charge weight. These were shot after cleaning the barrel each round. 71 through 75 gr all 5 tore one hole. I think that is a node...:D I backed off to 73 as 74 and 75 were showing slight pressure in RWS brass.

DSC03796Small.jpg

Thanks Broz for the info. Didn't mention awhile ago that the load I posted
is in a regular Rem model 700pss. 71grn H1000,CCI 250 primer, win brass,
26in barrel. I have two model 700 rem mags, just that one is gonna be a
7/300.

The load I mentioned is with 168 Bergers. I have two stands down here in
Louisana that I can shoot 700 plus yards. Other stands are closer.
Might use a partiton or game king for short stuff! Any other ideas are welcome!

The load I mentioned is with 168 Bergers. I have two stands down here in
Louisana that I can shoot 700 plus yards. Other stands are closer.
Might use a partiton or game king for short stuff! Any other ideas are welcome!

We use the 180 Berger Hunting VLD for everything from 50 yards to 1000 plus.

Jeff

Didn't know how a Berger would work up close. Wouldn't hurt to try, though!
Havn't started on my 7/300 yet, so I'm still shooting my 7mm rem mag.
Gonna get with my smith after the weekend and start!

Great looking rifle! Numbers not bad either! Very impressive! Looks like you have
A shooter there. Again, I'm just waiting on my smith to get back in
town after a long weekend. Broz, when you get that thing fine tuned give
Us a post.

Broz, when you get that thing fine tuned give
Us a post.

The load for the RWS brass is done. We will experiment with the Norma brass later on. For now the rifle is shooting very consistant .4 moa groups to 200. This week I will be confirmng drops to 1000. I will report in with some long range groups. Interesting thing, best seating depth for the 180 VLD's ended up at .090" off the lands. I worked it out like Erics Stecker's method suggested. He was spot on and she opened back up at 130 off the lands. Very noticable sweet spot. Don't believe everything you read about seating VLD's close. Two of these rifle are solid 1/2 moa or better and one is .115" and this one is .090" off the lands.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.