Any recent preferred barrel blanks reports?

The one thing I remembered today when I torqued my barrel onto my action is that the caliber and twist inscription is upside down when the barrel is torqued. Kind of bothers me a little inside 😅

I'm far from a gunsmith, but it seems that with a headspaced barrel it would be easy to tell where it was going to end up.

The rest seems good so far.
That would make me go mental!

I have had great success with Pac nor barrels . What I really like that they offered was if you send the barrel they do an exact measurement replica if you have a stock that you don't want to have to do a bunch of fitting work to. Mine was free-floated I didn't have to do any work to the bedding or barrel channel or any of that stuff and it was only an extra $50

Got a 25 Creedmoor 22" carbon from them 2 months back. Workmanship was excellent, far nicer than the X-cailber 308 I ordered simultaneously.
One shot at 25 yds to get on paper then 2 3 shot groups at 100 both under half inch. Slow at 2600 for the 134 ELDM but just slowly working my way up as there's not too much data for this cartridge. Cleans very easy, almost no copper after just a few rounds.
Kinda spendy but very happy overall.

An update on my limited experience with PBB. With only 40 or so shots down the tube, the barrel cleans up quickly with little effort. Shot multiple 5 round groups right at .5 with berger 130 otm factory ammo, .75 with the 140 vld flavor of berger ammo and just under a minute with factory hornady match. I will update with handloads (fps and groups) so far, happy with accuracy with factory, I haven't checked speeds (i borrow a chrono)

This is the 6mm CM I just got in.
Bryce answered my email about the condition and was advised to shoot it and after break-in let him know about the Accuracy.

Last edited:
PBB started on my barrel about a week ago. I'll report back on I am able to spin it on and take her out.
6.5 creedmoor with .160 freebore
Fixed shoulder .900 contour
Polished stainless
27" with 5/8 - 24 threaded & lapped
I just got a 6.5 creedmoor barrel from them with the same freebore and the 800 contour bit my barrel is a little shorter. Oh and it's for a ruger American action

So I just got mine back from Preferred with a 20" barrel chambered in a 338 sherman short with Rich's longest reamer. Chambers 246 hammer hunters just into clip at the lands, so " .010 back won't be an issue for testing. Testing H4350, Varget, and RL16 hopefully tomorrow. Will post results when I get out.