Anti cant

jasent

let's talk about anti cant devices. I'm not liking my bubble levels. I shoot in all conditions,extreme heat and cold really affects the bubble.
What are guys using for elr anti cant

Until I find a "better mousetrap", we're kind of stuck with the bubble level. Some are much better than others. I've seen tests eyeballing vs a level. You'd be surprised how far off the eye is! I'm sticking with the bubble in a quality housing, no 3-D printed or Amazon crap.

Until I find a "better mousetrap", we're kind of stuck with the bubble level. Some are much better than others. I've seen tests eyeballing vs a level. You'd be surprised how far off the eye is! I'm sticking with the bubble in a quality housing, no 3-D printed or Amazon crap.
have you looked at accuracy first? Ceramic ball instead of a bubble. Stays the same size at all temps. Been doing a lot of research after a member here brought up the issues with bubble levels. Also seen some electronic levels that look nice

I have used the compact Tubb anti-cant level on 5 or 6 rifles. I mount it behind the turret, but free of the rear ring. I also reverse it to put the bubble below the tube, opposite the bolt, instead of sticking it up to get bumped. I have no trouble seeing the bubble and it is well protected.

That said, I'm now using Darrell Holland's anti-cant. Old eyes mean bigger bubble.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.