Anti cant

I bought two of the 3-D print levels, first one the threads pulled out without getting close to tight. Gave the other to my grandson. I'll stick with the Holland.

The new mk level has a great housing design, I mounted it in front of my front ring, really like it. I have one of the older Tubb levels, along with a smattering of other levels. I worry more about the shape and ease of keeping in sight then the level itself. I think the new mk level with a larger level would be just right
I've used them all in -35c and none have froze, but they all slow down.

Ceramic balls and the hype surrounding them sound good but as you try and use them you soon find they are too small to observe easily, have rounded edges and are hard to define on reference lines. I gave mine away and went to a big bubble level with a magnifier in front of it, Looks like a watermelon setting in a pond and you can tell instantly if it's off. Getting them the right distance from your eye is critical too.

A year ago come October I've been using the Wixey (digital electronic level with Bluetooth and audio). The idea--for me anyway--turned out far better than I imagined. The Level connects to my phone which then connects to my Bluetooth earmuffs; no wires. I hear my cant status; no need to peek. However, if I choose the screen is big and green and still no need to lift my cheek from it's favorite locale...
Most importantly my accuracy level--and thus my confidence--is measurably better than prior to. IMG_6515.JPG IMG_6519.JPG Nah, probably none too handy for a carry gun, but since it's easily snapped in place via two magnets (304 SS bottle opener intermediary) or a lever Picatinny rail clamp the choice remains.

Should have turned it on in the first photo. So here it is on, but not on a rifle. Pretty handy for leveling stuff remotely due the audio and Bluetooth...IMG_4964 (2).JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.