Another Barrel Cooling Thread But I had to, couldn't help myself...

Go ahead "flame" away at my suggestion, I don't go to a "range" with others overseeing my every move. My 800 acres is plenty private.
No way will the barrel be hot enough to ignite the gas unless you have the hose flowing when you immediately open your bolt, and then I still don't believe it would be hot enough. One quick blast would cool the barrel plenty, I guess I have time to let my barrel cool though. Me being slow and all.

I've used barrel coolers and chillers for awhile but they moved very little air and were a waste of money IMO. I gave them all away.

Currently I'm using a small air mattress inflator that has an internal battery and recharges with a USB cord. I use a flexible hose that's similar to surgical tubing and just insert it through the receiver. It works great and you can really feel the air moving at the muzzle. It was purchased from Amazon.

Because the battery doesn't last as long as I'd like, I used a USB splitter off of my LabRadar battery and run a line to the inflator which greatly extends the run time. Using the splitter doesn't seem to put a dent in the LabRadar battery.

This cheap, simple and effective method is worth a look.