To Thread or not to Thread...barrel that is?

Dust270WSM

I have a Remington 700 Sendero factory rifle with the HS stock that I have bedded in 7mmSTW. I have it shooting sub moa out to 1100 yards right know but shes a little violent after shooting it on the range a while and what I am wanting to know is...
Question #1-- If I have it threaded will it change my accuracy along with my velocitys??
Question #2-- How much does it usually cost?
Question #3-- Does anyone know any local guys around the Oklahoma City area they recommend to do it?
Thanks for any help...

#1 - Velocities will stay the same unless you chop barrel. Accuracy will likely improve as most gunsmiths are going to crown your barrel when threading. You may see POI shift with a brake.

#2 - as much as you're willing to pay. My gunsmith in Atlanta charges $100, but that doesn't cover device timing or thread protectors. At some points in the year, it's cheaper for me to pack the rifle on a plane and take it to them than to ship it! Morgan at Class3 is in Dallas and charges $75. You might call him and find out if a dealer near you is doing bulk work with him and get your rifle in on their next order.

#3 - Sort of answered it in #2. I don't know anybody in OKC. Class3 is in Dallas. I haven't (yet) used them, but my silencer dealer, Capitol Armory, ships him a couple hundred guns a year for threading and they keep sending them each month so i'd trust its all good. My 'smith in Atlanta is Accurate Ordnance.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.