Announcing the New Hammer HHT

We are intentionally not using aluminum. We have machined tips out of copper and aluminum in the past. We could not get them to work well for terminal performance. They are too hard and will kick out to one side causing the bullet to open unevenly, resulting in the bullet being misdirected or even tumbling. Not good and one of the reasons that we have said in the past that Hammers would never have a tip. This time is different than anything we tried in the past. Has to do with tip design and how it marries up to the bullet. Unlike other tipped bullets, these do not deflect, even on drastic angled heavy bone impacts. This Hammer HHT design has actually enhanced terminal performance at low to mid range impact velocities.

We just had our own mold made and will be sourcing the tips locally. This will greatly reduce the possibility of deformed tips. We are in the process of determining the best material for producing the tips. As always, terminal performance will dictate what material is used for tip production. @fordy will be laying these into a pile of animals as soon as we can get them in his hands. As always, we are tasking him with finding a way to make the bullet/tip fail. He was unable to get the current tip material to fail, so the standard is set.

We have sourced a company to design and manufacture a machine that will install the tips. Initial delivery estimate is spring of 2024. We could have waited another year to announce the HHT, after the year of testing we did on animals. We decided to bring it to market in the best way possible now.
That make sense. Copper bullets are a different ball game than lead as there have been numerous metallic tipped lead core bullets that don't seem to have an issue - much softer inside so that must help - oldest one that comes to mind is the Remington bronze point of days gone by.

I must say at first I was underwhelmed by the hht numbers regarding ballistic coefficient, didn't seem like that much improvement over the older design. But ive come to appreciate once again that for you guys terminal performance is the number one consideration and it makes a lot of sense that these bullets might actually open up more emphatically at lower impact velocity than the hammer hunter. So rather than thinking of it as a tipped hammer hunter (which is what it's labeled as i do realize) and then comparing it with the untipped hammer hunter and finding it lacklustre, I think of it more as a tipped "shock hammer" - will have a waaaaay higher bc than the original shock hammer and still retain that ultra violent low velocity performance that comes from having a more massive cavity in the nose.

I've had a few set backs recently that dictate I'm done buying gun stuff for a long time now BUT somewhere down the road I still plan to try one of the shock hammers in my .358 Norma, either the 223 or 245 grain. I think that would be one heck of a DRT combo

We are intentionally not using aluminum. We have machined tips out of copper and aluminum in the past. We could not get them to work well for terminal performance. They are too hard and will kick out to one side causing the bullet to open unevenly, resulting in the bullet being misdirected or even tumbling. Not good and one of the reasons that we have said in the past that Hammers would never have a tip. This time is different than anything we tried in the past. Has to do with tip design and how it marries up to the bullet. Unlike other tipped bullets, these do not deflect, even on drastic angled heavy bone impacts. This Hammer HHT design has actually enhanced terminal performance at low to mid range impact velocities.

We just had our own mold made and will be sourcing the tips locally. This will greatly reduce the possibility of deformed tips. We are in the process of determining the best material for producing the tips. As always, terminal performance will dictate what material is used for tip production. @fordy will be laying these into a pile of animals as soon as we can get them in his hands. As always, we are tasking him with finding a way to make the bullet/tip fail. He was unable to get the current tip material to fail, so the standard is set.

We have sourced a company to design and manufacture a machine that will install the tips. Initial delivery estimate is spring of 2024. We could have waited another year to announce the HHT, after the year of testing we did on animals. We decided to bring it to market in the best way possible no

My experience with an aluminum tip mono bullet was quite the opposite. The tips were Not concentric with the bullet. Also some tips were not the same profile. They didn't make the cut.

Ymmv.
Then you using bullets ( like the old Winchester bullets "Silver Tipped")
surfaces turned in one operation are concentric and as fine a finish as bullet body.....

They are easy enough to install with a light soft face hammer

I did 400 in a sitting a wee while ago, a little tedious, just like the rest of the reloading sequence when the numbers start building up :)
I dont care if my 10 year old can do it .. If its easy then hammer should be putting them in.. making them absolutely perfect. keep the rejects down and makes consumers happy when they open a box up and know they are bright, shiny right and not damaged! Which in turn takes less time for me (which, personally I dont want to waste any of it on adding a tip that should already be there ) to load up and go to the range. Which means ill shoot more and spend more money on more hammers!! its a win win 😁 😁

cutting edge
hornady
nosler
sierra
badlands
apex

all great bullets and the tips come installed ..

Absolutely love hammers just wish it was a one stop shop,, big turn off for me to try them when the originals work so **** good!

Last edited:
Sorry, but the folks at Hammer are trying to put out a product that meets the consumers needs/requirements. They are a small American run company providing jobs. If you don't like the product and prefer a competitor, then by all means go to their part of the forum and sing their praises. However, coming to this page and pushing the other guy seems kinda crappy to me. I think most folks use a number of different brands until they find their sweet spot. The addition of a tip to the Hammer line is an attempt to improve an already great product...right? So, why come and **** on them for doing so? You don't like adding tips, don't. You like silver/aluminum tips, then go buy them. If you appreciate what Hammer is doing, then offer suggestions and be supportive of them trying to better a process. We should cheer each other on, not tear each other down. IF that's what you're about, then move to California and give the woke crowd a high-five.

Sorry, but the folks at Hammer are trying to put out a product that meets the consumers needs/requirements. They are a small American run company providing jobs. If you don't like the product and prefer a competitor, then by all means go to their part of the forum and sing their praises. However, coming to this page and pushing the other guy seems kinda crappy to me. I think most folks use a number of different brands until they find their sweet spot. The addition of a tip to the Hammer line is an attempt to improve an already great product...right? So, why come and **** on them for doing so? You don't like adding tips, don't. You like silver/aluminum tips, then go buy them. If you appreciate what Hammer is doing, then offer suggestions and be supportive of them trying to better a process. We should cheer each other on, not tear each other down. IF that's what you're about, then move to California and give the woke crowd a high-five.
It is a hammer thread-- at some point we knew this would happen.