Am I overlooking any options?

Antelopedundee on here has good deals on Leupolds....had red dots just a bit ago.....
44mm obj is nice...but having shot a 260 for a while and now shooting my 65284s...i think 4.5-14x40 are just the right size on the smaller rifles....
I just put a 3-15x44 on a 65284...i like the clarity...and feels better while using with glasses with trifocals....
He had a used VX-5HD with the HTMR for sale last week and I didn't pull the trigger. Debated back and forth and it was sold before I ever came to a decision. I'm in the analysis paralysis stage of this process.

Yep...i was the one that was shipped to.....didnt realize it was mil....and they didn't realize it was wrong scope either......got lucky and found one local that is moa....mounted and shoots deer well......and 950 from Dundee beat 1007 I paid local....plus 30 in fuel....

Midas BTR GEN2 4.5-27×50 APRS4 SFP IR MIL HD
More magnification than you said, but I think the rest fits what you want.

Did you look at the 2.5-15x42 Trijicon Credo? 13.9", 23oz, Mrad, great glass, great center dot reticle, great turrets with tool less re zero and one of the easiest zero stops I've used. I have the MOA version on my 20" barreled 8lb scoped AR 15 and it doesn't feel big and bulky at all. I love the reticle, center dot is perfectly sized, and it has divisions for the subtensions at different powers right in the scope. The illumination range is perfect, daylight bright to NV comparable low that won't wash out your vision in low light. Side focus parallax down to ten yards works great and is always focused when parallax is removed. Only possible negative is that the reticle doesn't have any thick bars for low light without illumination but I haven't had an issue and always keep a spare battery. Seems perfect for what you are looking for.

The illumination feature stopped working first time out to the range, the magnification ring was incredibly stiff to rotate. What got me the most though was the soft and squishy elevation adjustment, didn't seem to index real well and was hard to feel adjustments. Not writing off Vortex all together, just wasn't impressed with the optic for
How many inch lbs do you use tighten the rings on your Vortex?

I have been trying to find the "perfect" scope for my Tikka 260Rem which will be used for hunting deer sized game from point blank out to 500 yds. The only thing that I've found that checks all the boxes thus far is the VX-5HD with HTMR reticle or the Razor LHT. My first hand experience with the Razor LHT was not good and I will not be purchasing that scope. For the sake of consistency I am trying to get all my scopes from here on out in mils. I have been searching high and low for other options both in the forums and comparing spec on websites. I now put it out to you folks, have I overlooked any options? What I'm looking for is as follows...

Maximum weight 30oz. (ideally <25oz)
Exposed elevation turret w/ zero stop.
mils.
Maximum 14" in length (thinking for balance and overall appearance on a petite rifle, 14" may even be a stretch)
44-50mm objective
top end magnification somewhere between 15-18x
$1500 max (perhaps a hair more if it really made sense)
F1 or F2 though I'm leaning towards F2 for ease of use while hunting timber. Realistically I would dial elevation if needed and don't anticipate holding over.
no preference on illumination

It seems there are a lot of offerings that are close but not exactly what I'm looking for e.g. Triji Tenmile HX (long), Leica Amplus 6 (long), Zeiss V4 (MOA) etc. I am by no means an expert so I am open to suggestions or constructive criticism in my choice of desired specs.
Just curious as to what the issue was with the Vortex Razor. I have a few and have had no issues with them?

Take a look at the Sightron SIII Long Range. It ticks all the boxes except length (14.9") and it has a little heavier magnification (6-24x50). Their glass is excellent with great turrets and it comes in mils with 2FP. You can find them for right around $1k+. Not many followers here on LRH, but a great scope for the price. If unsure, read reviews/comments from those who actually own and shoot them.

I had been looking for something similar. I went with a VX-5HD, I actually ended up buying two. A buddy has the LHT and he seems to like it, they replaced an LH with it. Have you looked at the Zeiss Conquest V4? Leica has the Amplus 6 too that seems prettt nice. Those two are on my short list. Never mind, those two are only MOA. Finding a MIL might be harder than I thought.

You know what might be a good one if you could find it is a VX-3i LRP 4.5-14x50mm I know there's still some out there, I kinda want one to put on my 6.5 Grendel but I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I think I know where there's one at.

10x max 1 inch tube 40mm obj for the lightest weight. CDS from Leopold is nice if you never change loads. Anything like that should be 16oz or less. I installed a 30mm 4.5-14x 44 on a standard Weatherby vanguard and it looks too big and is a little top heavy and awkward to carry. Much preferred it with the 3-9x40mm vx2. For 500yds 10x is plenty, so the gunsmith told me.

Did you look at the 2.5-15x42 Trijicon Credo? 13.9", 23oz, Mrad, great glass, great center dot reticle, great turrets with tool less re zero and one of the easiest zero stops I've used. I have the MOA version on my 20" barreled 8lb scoped AR 15 and it doesn't feel big and bulky at all. I love the reticle, center dot is perfectly sized, and it has divisions for the subtensions at different powers right in the scope. The illumination range is perfect, daylight bright to NV comparable low that won't wash out your vision in low light. Side focus parallax down to ten yards works great and is always focused when parallax is removed. Only possible negative is that the reticle doesn't have any thick bars for low light without illumination but I haven't had an issue and always keep a spare battery. Seems perfect for what you are looking for.
Good suggestion I'll look into this a bit more. The 42mm objective would've eliminated this from my searches. 44mm would be ideal I think since 40mm has a limited FOV. Do you find the FOV is adequate with the 42mm?