High quality light weight scope option

youngbuck

I've been looking for a lightweight option for a new build. I wanted something capable of 700 yard shots. I was planning on getting another 4-16 Vortex HST. I kicked around a NF SHV, but wanted smaller than a 56mm, and magnification more than 10x. I spend some time on Leupold's website and found another option; a Vx6 3-18x44. I could add a 2x revolution turret for coming up 40moa from my zero and a TMOA reticle. All of this @ 19oz. I've looked through a VX6 3-18x50 and it looked fine. I didnt spent too much time looking through it looking at clarity. Any body use one or use the 2x revolution turret. played with the sings revolution a bit. They are a little on the pricey side, but may be well worth it.

Here is a link

https://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/vx-6-riflescopes/vx-6-3-18x44mm-30mm-side-focus-cds/

youngbuck,

I don't have experience with the 3-18X but I do have experience with the 4-24X. When compared side by side with my Swarovski z5 5-25X the VX-6 is definitely better. It give better colors and needs a couple less magnification settings to see the same detail. If the 3-18X is the same quality you will have a winner.

VX-6 is my scope of choice for the amazing glass and light weight. I like the VX-3 and VX-2 as well. You can get an ultralight VX-2 down around 8 oz! Hard to beat the VX-6 though since it has good turrets, a nice reticle with the TMOA, and awesome glass. Swaro scopes are also fairly light and good glass but I don't like their turrets/reticles or their prices as much as Leupold.

I hunt with a VX6 3-18x50 TMOA on top of my 338 RUM. It has been an excellent all around scope. Great glass, great options for various turrets, and it has tested out to have excellent repeatability within the turret mechanism. Lots of people complain about the "mushy" clicks on a any leupold turret, but I have never had a problem dialing the turret to the exact MOA I want. Just a great scope.

One scope I have been looking at lately is the new Vortex Razor 3-15x42mm HD LH. It is new for 2016. I have not looked through one, but a buddy is supposed to get his this week sometime. I am going to run it through my scope test platform and see how well the dials track, check the accuracy of the reticle at 15x and of course compare it side by side with my VX6.

Vortex Optics - Razor HD LH 3-15 x 42 HSR-4<br />(MOA)

I've been wondering about the same thing for a while. I'm going to try a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42. It weighs in at 20 oz, has the MOAR reticle, parallax adjustment and finger adjustable turrets, (normally capped).

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.