Scope Recomendations light weight, high magnification, and under 2300!

I am also looking at the vx6 hd. What reticle are you guys using for hunting in this scope? Do you dial for wind or use a hold over? I like the fire dot duplex however I am use to my nsx with moar reticle, makes wind hold easy in the heat of the moment

I pondered the same for a light weight 6.5 SAUM and decided on the 2.5-25 x 52 March. I see you mentioned not being able to see the dot under 12X. Sounds like you were viewing the FFP version which is 3-24X. The 2.5-25X is SFP, no problem with viewing reticle in low or high power during hunting conditions. I have the MTR-3 Reticle. Simple cross hair style with hash marks. I don't find the eye box to objectionable, although I admit its not as robust as some other scopes. No issue from my perspective. Parallex adjustment is very sensitive. Takes some getting used too. Careful adjustment produces a fantastically clear image.

Took this rig west to chase speed goats in WY. Very happy with overall performance of the March and really appreciated the light weight as we covered a lot of ground. Slayed all kinds of rocks and great distances and even popped an antelope. Never noticed the eyebox being small. Non-issue.

Good luck with your decision.

For light weight and compact size at the higher magnifications I use a March 2.5x25(SFP/MOA reticle), Vortex AMG(EBR-7-Mil), and Huskemaw5x20, I use the ATACR 5x25 when weight/bulk is less important . The March's glass is noticeably the best of the bunch, particularly in high glare light conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.