High magnification and wide FOV

jmeier1981

Anybody know what 24x or more scopes have the biggest FOV?
Ive been checking out an Arken SH4 Gen 2 6-24×50 along side an Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 4.5-29×56 for a few days and Im really disappointed in the Athlon...
While it does have brighter glass, its such a subtle difference I dont know if Id even notice it if I didnt have them side by side. Not only is there just a subtle difference in glass the Athlons FOV is noticeably smaller... I have to crank the Athlon back to 20-21× to have the same FOV as the Arken at 24x. Id say maybe it was just that the magnification rings arent marked accurately but whatever youre looking at through the Arken looks bigger and closer when theyre set at the same mag ring setting.
So far if I was going to get one of the 2 for free and was forced to keep it and run it I think Id honestly pick the Arken... Anybody have any other suggestions? Maybe something with better glass or wider FOV.
It would be for rimfire PRS type shooting

As in just fov anything with a 24 degree apparent fov is big. Not many target, or so called tac scopes have them. The Leica magnus, most Schmidt's, Zeiss diavari's and v8's, definitely ghw hensoldt z series, the one March that has like a 25 or 26 degree eyepiece. Funny how most companies don't list apparent fov in degrees for scopes when it's a selling point for binoculars. Small apparent fov sucks imo, especially as a hunting scope and especially when I pay over a 1000 for a scope.

1655227372433.png

Is listed, which most companies don't, take your angular fov number and multiply by the power to get apparent fov. It's usually the same in all powers unless a scope tunnels at the bottom end. In the case of the Leupold it's .9x24 which gives you 21.6.

1655227647108.png

In the Zeiss case it's 0.7x35, which gives 24.5 and that's pretty huge. Most 24 and up is Leica magnus/diavari-v8/swaro z6-z8, Schmidt polar/ultra bright stuff.