Light weight scope question

I'll throw this out as I found myself in the same boat. Have you looked at a bushnell elite 6500? 2.5-16 17.3 ounces. I had the z5 and the 6500 waiting for rifle. While I waited I had them both out during low light many times going back and forth watching the antlers on a deer target till dark. The z5 was a bit better but to be honest both gave up at about the same time. Seems odd as the bushnell is darker during peak daylight hours but stays light as the sun goes down. I've noticed this with my lieca also. I have the scope in mil dot so I have hold overs but I mainly twist turrets and it has tracked straight every time. I've been trying to convince myself the swaro is what I need but every time I get them side by side I stick with the bushnell. Because of the turret travel and repeatable turns

I had four of the 6500 Elite 2 1/2-16X. Also had four Swarovski Z5 5-25 X52. Additionally I own three 6500 Bushnell Elite 4 1/2-30 X 50. None of the the z 5 or 2 1/2-16X had glass that matched the 4 1/2 - 30X on an optics chart at 127 yards. Now I have only the 4 1/2-30X50's left.

Rich I have heard that the larger end has better glass.i wish it was the same for the 2.5 but I hear it is not. I am happy with the 6500 2.5 because all of the factors combined. Everything could be a bit better but it's all very good none the less.

snox801,

For the money they are fantastic. And they are lighter than the big one. Now Bushnell seems to have killed it, though. I three of them. They vary in weight from 22.0 to 22.1 ounces. These are light weight compared to what Bushnell is offering now.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.