Am I nuts? VX6hd 3-18×50 vs. G7 NXS 5.5-22

I addressed this a couple days ago and admitted I was wrong. I didn't realize the turret was limited in this manner and someone pointed out there is a 2 and 3. 3 allows 60 MOA elevation or 3 turns. I had not yet shot past 1000 with the scope so I assume it was like all scope and allowed for total travel. Weird limitation and something to consider if you need more vertical then the 38 plus holds then a different turret would be needed.
It is a weird limit. I questioned Leupold and they didn't have a good response other than that's the design. I think it's a design attitude that goes something like this is a hunting scope and you don't need to be shooting that far at critters. Just my feeling. Other than this limit, which doesn't affect me, the scope is fantastic. It's bright early and late and tracks perfect.

It is a weird limit. I questioned Leupold and they didn't have a good response other than that's the design. I think it's a design attitude that goes something like this is a hunting scope and you don't need to be shooting that far at critters. Just my feeling. Other than this limit, which doesn't affect me, the scope is fantastic. It's bright early and late and tracks perfect.
Yeah, I'm not getting rid of mine because of it. Just disappointed I didn't know and more disappointing I was confident I knew what I was talking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts