NXS 5.5-22 question

pockets380

How many MOA does the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 have in a single rotation? I am wanting to get a LR scope at some point. I'm really just trying to research all I can. I was initially set on the Huskemaw as this is the only one I have experience with as far as LR scopes go. I like the reticle on it and also the custom turrets. It seems really clear and crisp to me, although all I have to compare it to is my Leupold. This price is in the middle of the other two scopes I am researching. Obviously the other one is the Nightforce since that is the heading of this thread:) I like the velocity reticle option on this one. It would be pretty nice to decided to hold over with the reticle or dial. It says on the Nightforce website there are aftermarket companies making custom turrets for them. I think going through the Gunwerks guys and getting the G7 turret would be the way to go here. Then again if it has a velocity reticle this really would just be repetitive. It is the most expensive one I'm considering. The other one is the Vortex Viper. Either the HS LR but I'm not sure how I feel about 1/2 MOA adjustments. The Viper PST is the other one. It only has 12 MOA per turn though. So I think i just talked myself put of the later two!:) Any information or first hand experience would be greatly appreciated!

Cant help with your question but why does it matter to you if its 12 MOA per turn or 20 MOA per turn?

Thanks, Riley

Current production NXS 5.5x22 scopes have 20 moa per turret revolution. I like them better than the old ones with 10moa per revolution because they have more white markings closer together so I can read the adjustments without glasses.Also it's easier to keep up with your adjustments if you are going up over 20 or more moa. Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts