Nightforce 5.5 to 22 nxs

ven

Just order one after reading all the positive posts on here am sure it will not dissapoint thanks for the advice.

can u explain this zero stop.i just got a savage fclass in and cannot decide which scope to get. im having a hard time between the 5.5-22nxs and the 8-32nxs and the benchrest 8-32.and could u also explain the difference in the benchrest and nxs.all i have been able to figure out is the elevation adjustment?any info would be appreciated.

Dahunta,
Zero stop is part of the top turret, and allows you to turn your turret back down to where you have your rifle zeroed at, exp. 100 yards, very easily. This comes in very handy when dialing up your elevation for shots. Can't help you on the difference between the NXS or Benchrest models. Maybe someone else could chime in on that one. Unless you are shooting alot over 1200yds, I would stick with the 5.5-22 NXS with zero stop. Next decision is the reticle !

you mean it like doesn't let u go any moa down past your set zero?.i dont have any probs getting back to zero on any scope i have!?you just pay attention.im aware of the power selection,im not a newbie to long range shooting just not sure what the diff is in the nxs and benchrest except 500 bills!if anybody ever finds out the difference between the nxs and benchrest please let me know!thanks.

you mean it like doesn't let u go any moa down past your set zero?.i dont have any probs getting back to zero on any scope i have!?you just pay attention.im aware of the power selection,im not a newbie to long range shooting just not sure what the diff is in the nxs and benchrest except 500 bills!if anybody ever finds out the difference between the nxs and benchrest please let me know!thanks.

The NXS is made for a lot more abuse. The erector system is stronger, the tube I stronger, the anodize is mil grade, the turret are a lot more robust, and they are more weather restraint.

Hope that helps.

Mike @ CSGW

dahunta,
No one has trouble finding zero if they don't have to dial more than one revolution of MOA for a shot. Where zero stop comes in handy is not getting confused on where zero is if you have to dial beyond 1 revolution of the turret, and forget to reset to zero after every shot, you could lose track of what revolution you are on.

trueblue, most LR scopes have marks below the knobs to let you know what "rotation" you are on.i dont know if you think you are the only person that ever makes more than one revolution but i'm going to have to go ahead and stick with my statement,"just pay attention" and know your setup.so thanks for your smart remark.mike thanks again for the info.straight to the point and unbiased.thats the first time i have gotten that on here.

dahunta,

Why the hostility ? I was only responding to your post requesting someone explain 'zero stop' feature on the Nightforce scope. I'm not quite sure what you have taken offense to in my effort to be helpful and answer your question, but get the chip off your shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.