Am I downgrading in binos?

I didn't say that vortex hasn't stood behind their product for each warranty claim. Im also saying I have spent a lot of $ on their products. In my experience I've just had a better time in the field without broken items when I need them most. Period. This wasn't supposed to be some kind of poo flinging contest.

Do you have an affiliation or just a strong affinity to vortex?
Didn't want to turn this into a s**h Show. This is a really good forum and we don't need to be putting negative information on a manufacture unless it is warranted.
Sorry was not intentionally referring to you, but did evidently.
Not putting "YOU" in the middle of this, but other members followed in being negative.
You did say that that 5 out of 7 Vortex products failed in the field, but did not say what Vortex did to resolve. You then asked whether to switch to Swarovski and if it was "Trading down". Mostly some other members jumped on the post because you mentioned an issue.
I don't have any affiliation with Vortex, Leica, NF, FLIR, Leupold. Zeiss, ect, but owned all of them. had issues with $3,500 Flir. $3,500 Lecia and they were resolved. Never trashed them before giving them a chance to resolve the issue. GREAT Customer Service from them.
The point I was getting at is let's not just 'Trash" a company.
Your post just stated that you were "Frustrated" because the rubber eye cups glue came loose when you were "Prepping" for an Elk hunt. I had the same thing happen to both $3,500 FLIR and $3,500 Lecia. I called the manufactures and they said they would send replacements. In the mean time I took a small dot of Crazy Glue, placed inside the rubber rim and never had another issue. Now have new rubber eye pieces stored away in case I ever lose the ones I glued with a spot of Crazy Glue.
Small things like rubber eye pieces coming loose happen with all manufactures. It is an easy fix unless they are lost in the field.

Didn't want to turn this into a s**h Show. This is a really good forum and we don't need to be putting negative information on a manufacture unless it is warranted.
Sorry was not intentionally referring to you, but did evidently.
Not putting "YOU" in the middle of this, but other members followed in being negative.
You did say that that 5 out of 7 Vortex products failed in the field, but did not say what Vortex did to resolve. You then asked whether to switch to Swarovski and if it was "Trading down". Mostly some other members jumped on the post because you mentioned an issue.
I don't have any affiliation with Vortex, Leica, NF, FLIR, Leupold. Zeiss, ect, but owned all of them. had issues with $3,500 Flir. $3,500 Lecia and they were resolved. Never trashed them before giving them a chance to resolve the issue. GREAT Customer Service from them.
The point I was getting at is let's not just 'Trash" a company.
Your post just stated that you were "Frustrated" because the rubber eye cups glue came loose when you were "Prepping" for an Elk hunt. I had the same thing happen to both $3,500 FLIR and $3,500 Lecia. I called the manufactures and they said they would send replacements. In the mean time I took a small dot of Crazy Glue, placed inside the rubber rim and never had another issue. Now have new rubber eye pieces stored away in case I ever lose the ones I glued with a spot of Crazy Glue.
Small things like rubber eye pieces coming loose happen with all manufactures. It is an easy fix unless they are lost in the field.
If it fails in the field that can be the end of the hunt of a lifetime or the buck/bull of a lifetime.

They have great customer service but it doesn't help when we've blown a bunch of money on a hunt and the scope failed or we burned up excess ammo at the range chasing zero when the problem is the scope rather than the ammo or shooter.

Reliability is worth a whole lot especially when you can get the same type of customer service from several manufacturers with better reliability records.

It's not your place to be jumping on people who are following the rules of this forum even if you don't like what they have to say.

Everyone has OPINIONS and sorry if I offended anyone with my post on this subject.
I just like to see more post on the positive side, The OP just stated what he had and wanted an opinion as to getting another brand.
Then other members joined in on the negative for a manufacture.
If I don't like a manufacture I would try not post unless I had facts, I would most likely promote another Brand that I had facts on.
Sorry if I offended anyone.
The OP just wanted to know about getting another Bino.
Len

Highest tier vortex to lower tier of swaro. The vortex is 8x42 and the swaros are 8x30. Price point is close so I just feel like there has to be some give somewhere in light gathering or something. I'm just terrible with buyers remorse.
You will find that a lot of the top scope manufacturers are buying their glass and having it ground by the same manufacturers.

What separates them is the proprietary coatings they use on their brand of glass.

European glass in general is going to be much better in low light than Chinese, Japanese, US or Philippine produced glass.

Leupold however gets awfully close for the money.

I'm an admitted optics junkie, with a decided bias in favor of Swarovski binos. They are brilliant optics with world class CS. Having said that, anything made by man is subject to failure (I've had to send Swarovski binos and scopes in for repair). I would bet the Swarovski binos would outperform the Vortex you are looking at…. However, in my experience, there are no 8x30s I would want to spend hours a day looking through if your elk hunting is like mine. I'd step up to at least 8x and spend what you have to get the best glass you can afford. I own and regularly use Swarovsk, Leica and Zeiss binos. I regularly take multiple binos to the blind and compare quality in different light condition. The top tier stuff is undoubtedly stupid expensive…and offer amazing performance. You might consider another option. Tract Optics are made by LOW in Japan and offer in my opinion the best value in high quality optics. It is my judgement you'd have to spend 2x+ their retail cost to get anything better. They have frequent sales and offer demos that can be acquired in the $600 range. They are not the equal of the $3k bino, but they are far more than adequate. For comparison I'd say they are comparable to my older SLCs and ELs, and older generation Zeiss and Leicas. Just another option for you to consider.

I have a set of Vortex viper 15x50,good glass for the $.They are optically similar to my pushing 20 year old Swaro 10x32 EL.Focus is a bit picky,at dusk they are very similar. I can tell not built like swaro ,but fraction of price ,Vortex probably 4 seasons on them.My swaros are worn down to metal in areas,seen alot of and extreme use. Either one doesnt hold a candle to my Zeiss 15x56,but there huge

Swaro is fantastic. I also see leica has the new pro with lrf. Another fantastic option. I've ran swaro el for years and also have Leica 3200. Top tier stuff

I would certainly look at Leica. They make some great glass. Better than Sawo in my opinion.
Got some Leica 10x30's that "out-see" most other big-name binos. Amazing glass. The super compacts just aren't as forgiving in eye-positioning etc. Not a big deal most times. Different folks like different strokes. Priorities, expectations, and eyes vary. Very happy with our Leica 10 x 42 RF 3200's also.

Would you be trading down going from Vortex to Swaro? Are you serious? That would be like saying your trading down getting rid of a mossberg or savage and going to a Rem 700 or Weatherby MkV. I've looked thru many Vortex products and they aren't even in the same class as ANY Swaro or Zeiss. IMH but well experienced O
Really....Rem 700...? Look at your handle....Rem 700....used in the same sentence....with Weatherby? Blasphemy!😅

I know there are exceptions, but you usually get what you pay for. If a "quality"product is way cheap, it just takes a little longer to discover it isn't quite the quality first thought. You most generally have to "pay up" for quality.