Aluminum Tipped Bullets from Goergia by Greyghostt

Status
Not open for further replies.
LV,

The .960 BC value was what I developed from measuring bullet drop tests from 100 to 3008 yards in my 338 Allen Magnum loaded to 3475 fps.

Accuracy at 500 yards was often 1/5 moa. In good conditions 1/2 moa three shot groups at 1000 yards was not a challange. 3/4 to 1 moa was pretty easy to achieve at 2000 yard tests and I also got several 1 moa groups at +3000 yards with my 338 AM. This is the only combination I have ever fired that was consistant to this level of accuracy at these ranges.

Elevation was 3500 ft, temps of roughly 40 to 60 degrees for testing. Bar pressure ranged from 26.10 to 26.40 at elevation, not corrected for sea level. Humidy was in the 15 to 20% range for all tests.

Certainly BC will be effected by elevation, Humidy and Bar pressure changes but I doubt there would be many situations where it would drop below .9 BC.

On game, I have only been able to take two big game animals with them, one a 1100 lb bull elk at 607 yards with a single shot from my 338 Allen Xpress(3000 fps muzzle velocity). On a broad side shot, that bullet hit a rib going in and exited with a 1.5" exit hole. THe big bull ran 30 yards and fell over dead before I could get another round headed his way.

The second was a pronghorn last fall at 1300 yards out of my 338 Allen Magnum(3475 fps muzzle velocity). Damage to the pronghorn was much more dramatic due to the nearly 500 fps increase in velocity but also the thin skinned target game.

Both bullets fully exited with obvious expansion and very straight penetration although no heavy bone was hit on the elk I have never seen a mature bullet drop that quickly to a clean chest shot with no support bone hit.

Just some background on these bullets. IF he could only get jackets we could all be testing them as well as the pills you have been playing with which are another great option.

Kirby,

Thanks for the update on their availablity and the methods and conditions you used/experienced to derive your advertised BCs of the Wildcat bullets.

James

Lightvarmint,

Thanks for the information. I am really excited about these bullets.

You will be happy to know that I will be testing bc in the same manner as you are except for my second chrono will be at 100 yards because the screen window is not big enough to safely get a bullet through at 200 yards. I feel velocity loss is absolutely the best way to determine bc and praise you guys for doing it this way. It is truly the most accurate way of measuring and that is why all the bullet companies do the same!

And it is great to hear that you suppose a 4 week delivery or less. As you may have read, I have tested a great deal of bullets through my ABS 338 thunder mag and as such, have burned up a lot of useful hunting life. I have found a load for 4 different bullets now and the Hensons will be the fifth. So obviously, I will be risking getting closer to the end of the life of my barrel testing these bullets so I was curious as to the future availability of them because I don't want to waste barrel life on something that is no longer around. But it sounds as if these will be around and I will be able to get them quickly when I do need them. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.