Action for 33xc build

I really appreciate all the replies!
I definitely want to go with a heavy duty action, but even though this will be mainly shot prone or from a bench, I would like to be able to pack it up onto a Hill or mountain somewhere for hunting so I was thinking of keeping it in the 14 to 16 pound range. So kind of a light weight build that's also capable of Elr if possible.

Here is a thread from a known builder featuring the 33 XC cartridge and a lightweight build for himself:

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/33xc-build.237205/

Lots of information and load data with targets.

Enjoy!

:)

When the 300 Norma gained popularity after Lapua started making brass everyone was building Normas or improved versions. Most manufacturers simply increased the bolt diameter to .750 so they could fit the extractor in them and ran that in the standard action. When you increase the bolt body diameter you reduce the size of the lugs. This issue was known long before the Norma became popular. Lots of people had trouble with lug set back with 338 lapuas a long time ago. This is why I refused to build on anything but a Bat HR. This was before Borden came out with his bigfoot. Thats also a good option. Because of that I have never had any issues with set back or pressure problems with my builds. Its not about the thread size either, the reason for the larger 1-1/8" threads is so you can fit bigger lugs in the front of the action. The thicker chamber does help hoop strength but that has not really been a problem. So big threads are good so long as they increased the lug size as well. The issue is not safety, the smaller lugs are not going to fail. But I have seen set back and they do show early signs of pressure. Also, lug contact is a critical part of accuracy. The lower lug sets back easier than the top one. So set back is also an accuracy problem. You will have a lot of money into the rifle do it right is my opinion.