Action for 33xc build

If you're asking my opinion:

I like my 10X action in steel. The rifles I build are for target and longer ranges not for lightweight hunting rifles using this cartridge. Titanium has no draw for me unless I need to control the weight.

:)

These are the cartridges they chamber for:

CHAMBERINGS

+ .300 PRC + 7mm PRC + .300 Norma Magnum + .338 Lapua Magnum

hqdefault.jpg

I prefer an action which is a little more stout. The XC is just not a mild mannered cartridge meant for gentlemanly sport. Principally it's an ELR competition cartridge although I'm sure there are some hunters wanting bigger and better.

Before the new owner took over, I was using the Defiance actions, no more. I was also using the Barnard Magnum action but I can't get them any more. Surgeon makes an excellent action for these large cartridges, 1581 XL. Probably the most common action though is the Stiller: Tac 338 (Lapua, etc) and the Tac Driver (408 Chey Tac) because of their price point. BAT is considered to be the best and most prestigious. I use these occasionally... JJ Rock makes a super big action but they aren't taking orders just yet. Overwhelmed with orders.

There are others, I'm sure, but these come mind quickly.

Enjoy the process!

:)
I see most of these at the ELR Matches I shoot in every month ir 2 times a months.I have a BAT, 2 STILLER Tac Drivers and one Stiller TAC 338 and a Savage 112.
My favorite is the Stiller Tac Drivers.
I actually own 7 Stiller Actions in various calibers. I just built a 33xc on a Remington 338 Ukraine Sniper Action.

In my experience I don't think it's really strong enough/stout enough.I would get something heavier nade if qwight us not a big issue. There are better choices.But it will work.
thanks. in this case I am building for hunting and want lighter weight.

I really appreciate all the replies!
I definitely want to go with a heavy duty action, but even though this will be mainly shot prone or from a bench, I would like to be able to pack it up onto a Hill or mountain somewhere for hunting so I was thinking of keeping it in the 14 to 16 pound range. So kind of a light weight build that's also capable of Elr if possible.

I would not consider the CDG for a Lapua sized cartridge…or any magnum for that matter. I'm not saying the action isn't strong enough to handle it but that particular action is really designed around being able to use AIAW (double stack double feed) magazines. I think it's a great action and certainly a step up from an Accuracy International and the only action I'm aware of designed to use the AW magazine. I plan to own one but I wouldn't build anything off it that can't run in an AW magazine.
I own a few cdg action. Short actions are only designed around aw mags. The long actions are all built around cip aics 3.86" mags. Still too short, too small of lugs and tenon for anything lapua bolt face. They'd be just fine with any rum/nosler/prc/saum/wsm variant tho.

Tubb has an action for his 33XC, the Adaptive Target Rifle Receiver Assembly. Just
add a barrel and shoot------------

In my experience I don't think it's really strong enough/stout enough.I would get something heavier nade if qwight us not a big issue. There are better choices.But it will work.
I talked with the engineers at pierce today. they do not feel any concern for the 33 xc in their 10x tit action. especially in a hunting rig that might see 200 or 300 rds in its lifetime.