Accurate Rifles

Abinok, is this in a 300 WSM chambering? I was looking at the savage site and they come in 223, 22-250, 243, 308, and 300 wsm only if I was looking at the right one. These were actually the 12bvss, not the 112bvss, I did not see them on the site. With groups like that, I'm thinking that will be a great factory rifle for 1000 yard hunting, in the 300 wsm chambering anyways.

They just discontinued the 112BVSS this year. I just happen to know where there are 2 (I think, 1 for sure though) 112BVSS pre-accutrigger guns that can be had for a very good price.

[ QUOTE ]
3.5" groups at 1350 yards.... ****!!!

Nuff said!!

Kirby Allen(50)

[/ QUOTE ]ditto
UB

Uncle B,

You ever have a factory rifle hold 1/4 moa at 1350 yards???

For that matter, will your MOAGs hold 1/4 moa at 1350 yards??? Makes a custom rifle builder wonder what in the hell he is doing if there are factory rifles out there that will do this!!!

Just hackin on ya Abinok!!! Thats some **** fine shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Just twice, both only 3 shots each. One was 3.4 something, the other was 3.7 something. Average group sizes are running 6 to 9 inches or about half moa for both 3 and 5 shot groups. Just for a little further clarification, I don't have any rifles that will shoot 1/4moa past 1k with any kind of regularity. Half minute rifles... I do. I thought my post was more clear than that, but then again ive had problems with people over-interpeting my posts before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If youre ever coming through the soonerstate, after you get done over at Bill and Steves, give me a shout. Ive got good connections with some folks and Anheuser-Busch, so I can promise hospitality and cold beer here on the ranch, despite the fact that I don't drink myself.
Got range to 1600 here at the house...

remingtonman_25_06,
Bill hit the avalability question pretty well...
These pre accutrigger guns shoot, Just plan on replacing the trigger pretty quick.

Just to clarify, I don't have any rifles that averge 1/4 moa at 1350 yards either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Thanks for the offer but like you I do not drink either, all my money is spent on these **** Allen Magnums!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Few barrel are hummers and most aren't. If you get one, you will know it. I have a coupple and they just defy the laws of probability.

James

Just voting with my dollars here. These are all Accumarks. I just can't get enough of them. I do have a few Rugers that shoot way better than they should and they are box stock except for trigger tuning. I don't regularly shoot or practice much over 500 yards so these work really well for me.
4accumarks1ua.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
abinock, I was going to flame you... but you are so convinced that I said what the hell, and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't bother me... It does what it does pretty well, maybe too well in fact. I get flamed over it pretty often, especially online. I figure im probably due for one again... it was about this time last year on here. After the last time, i just quit posting pics of groups... at least here. There is a pic of a 10 shot group at 1575yds from this rifle I posted recently. I figure people will believe what they want regaurdless.

I never have figured out why it is that people who have such a problem accepting that a gun that belongs to a group of rifles widely acclaimed as the most accurate out of the box guns avalable today, might actually shoot pretty well, while instantly accepting some of the other stuff floating around these days... maybe I shoulda paid more attention to my psych professors in college.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.