An Accurate Recoil Pad??

jrock

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Have you ever wondered if a recoil pad effects how you shoot? I've been thinking the same thing. I am wondering if one design would lead to more accuracy than another. I read about people cutting kernels of powder to get better performance but I haven't heard about people going through recoil pads.

Some of the softest recoil pads I've used are LimbSavers and I really like the Airtech pads. I've used plenty of recoil pads that are so hard, you would think someone glued a hockey puck onto the butt.

Does the compression level of a recoil pad effect accuracy? Would your group size change with a softer, harder, or even no pad?

Bullet is already out of the barrel by the time the rifle recoils so a pad won't directly effect accuracy. If someone is unpracticed and/or recoil sensitive and anticipates the shot, a recoil pad may be a way of training out some of that tenseness prior to squeezing the trigger which could result in better accuracy. That is kind of stretching it, and also using it as a crutch.

Recent Posts