ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

specweldtom

Received first shipment of stocks today. Both laminated and solid walnut, sporter weight and varmint weight. Laminates are slightly heavier than the walnut... 1/4 lb. approximately. The insert is anodized for corrosion resistance, runs forward to pick up the front sling swivel, and is virtually a seamless fit in the wood. A titanium pin angles down through the wrist (hidden), and aluminum bedding pillars are installed. All stocks are sealed with a urethane finish, and the walnut stocks are additionally hand finished with Permalyn. The satin finish shows no shaping or sanding marks. A decelerator pad is fitted and the standard length of pull is 13.5". Sling swivel studs are installed. A long list of options is available, and MSRP ranges start at $339-$409 for standard stocks, and $799 for the Supreme, which starts with AAA claro walnut. Other exotic woods are also available. The list of actions available now includes Remington, Winchester, Weatherby 9 lug Mk V, Commercial large ring Mauser, Howa, and Ruger. More are promised. It will probably be 2 weeks or so before I get to shoot any of these stocks, but if they shoot like they look, I'm through building my own stocks.

Awesome looking wood.

I'm looking for a Ruger MII stock in full length-mannlicher style, would they have one.

Also, could they do a custom stock to fit a swiss K-31?

I see they will have M98's soon, but what about Mannlicher's for M98's?

Cutty47....They're are at the Shot Show now, and I won't get a chance to talk to them for several days. Since they CNC mill their own stocks, I don't know how much time it would take to program a Mannlicher style stock or what they might charge to do it. Right now, all their stocks are designed to free float the barrel; not sure you could do that successfully with a full length stock, tho. I'll try to remember to ask the next chance I get. Also, if they see your posting, they may respond. One of their Supremes in a Mannlicher would be a knockout.
Thanks, Tom

Cutty47---No plans at present for Mannlicher style stocks. Main reasons are stock mill limitations and the free float issue. They are very focused on the accuracy potential of their stocks and are reluctant to risk it. Also, no plan to make stocks for the K-31. However, they are making some engineering changes to accomodate earlier Ruger M77's in addition to the M77II in their present stock lineup. (Not one of your questions, but is good news for some shooters). Thanks, Tom.

They had a unique stock made from BAMBOO at the SHOT show, light and very strong. Very nice fitting stock designs, excellent bedding system. Very nice folks to talk to.

I believe that they are definitely going to market the Bamboo stock - the one that they showed was great. All of their stocks fit nicely and their bedding block really does make for a proper fit.

IAN M.
Finally got a rifle into one of these stocks. It's a Rem 700 LA BDL with a stainless Hart/Remington sporter wt. bbl. in 7 Rem Mag. With a 10x scope it shoots 1/2 min 3 shot groups with a 150 gr protected point handload. (100 yds) Cold clean shots hold consistently within the 1/2 min impact area. By a 5th shot, barrel mirage begins to boil noticeably. Very pleased with the performance and appearance of the rifle. Should be getting the 2 mk V stocks next week. Also still waiting on 2 commercial 98's and a 700 ADL LA. Some of these I will sight in, so I'll get to check out more of their stocks (soon, I hope).

Tom,
We have that classic #6 Weatherby getting close to going out. Also, I have a great idea for the longrangehunting.com guys... Call me tomorrow,

Thanks,
Ben
gun_homepage.jpg

Accurate Innovations Website

IAN M

Talked to Ben at Accurate Innovations today and he told me that if I was willing, he would authorize a discount off MSRP to any member of longrangehunting.com who orders from me. I would be glad to do that.

Question: Is this the wrong place for details. If so, where should I post? I'll watch here for reply.

Thanks, Tom.

Tom,
That is an excellent proposal. I am confident that there are fellows here who will be interested. I believe that these stocks are unique - Ben and his people are going to great measures to ensure that the integral bedding block actually fits and supports properly. As I mentioned, the stock designs are superb, they fit me very well and I hope to get a rifle shooting in one soon.

Why don't you put together an introduction to your proposal in this section and also put it into the SALES section - that way nobody should miss seeing them. Hopefully this will work OK with Len - very nice to see a manufacturer recognize his site.

Super of Ben and yourself to make this offer to LR HUNTING participants - these are superb stocks and I would recommend them personally.

IAN M
re: Discounts on Accurate Innovations rifle stocks for longrangehunting.com members.

1. Member can call me to place order. I will need LRH member name, member #, and shipping address. Good pictures and descriptions of stocks are at www.accurateinnovations.com, and I can help with selection, options, and any other details. Order # is (979) 297-3640.

2. I will place the order with A. I. and keep a record of it for tracking.

3. Most people will be more comfortable sending checks,etc, or providing credit card info directly to A. I.. Ben has agreed to accept pmt directly and it works for me. Other arrangements can be made by buyer request.

4. A. I. can also ship directly and save the buyer the time and money for me to transship.

5. The discount will be from msrp to map (avg's better than 10% ) for a trial period of 90 days from this post. Any member placing an order during this period will be able to order subsequent stocks at map after the trial period.

6. Ben will immediately post prices and keep them updated for us. I am truly computer illiterate.

-----I still think computers are just a fad and won't catch on----

Thanks for the interest and the forum...... Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts