Accurate Rifles

AmmoAndy

Which factory rifle is the most accurate out of the box?

Browning Abolt
Remington Sendero
Savage

Buy the Savage and take the money you would have spent on the Browning or Remington and put into the glass. You won't regret this decision!!

If your speaking of factory production rifles, it would be the Savage that got my vote. They do make the barrels the old fashion way and they are accurate. Now couple that with their new trigger and it makes it a very accurate rifle for the working man, who can't afford a $3000 dollar and up shooter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Buy the Savage and take the money you would have spent on the Browning or Remington and put into the glass. You won't regret this decision!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like good advice to me

I would say remington. I bought 1 savage in a 270 wsm and it wouldn't group better then 1.5" at 100 yards. I tried 4-5 difernt bullets with 3 different powders, with 2 different primers. Rifle would put 2 shots very close to touching or .5", but would completely throw the 3rd away every freaking time on every group on every combo tried. I never shot on windy days and waited 1-2 minutes between shots. I think I was the sole one to get a crapper savage. Needless to say, I sold it shortly after to someone who didn't mind 1.5" groups. I however look for 3/4" groups from a factory rifle at 100 yards, never had a remchester/ruger that would not do this for me. I'll probly never buy another savage based on my experience with it.

Hands down winner, Savage!

BJ Bailey nailed this one on the head!

One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, Remingtonman25-06 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the father you depart from the equipment the 1k br shooters use; the more compomises and risks you take.there is a post of two 7mm wsm rifles that shoot like 5" groups at 1k. that is what i would work toward. i have two senderos and friends bought 4 others . they all shoot great. i have never shot a bvss . it does look like a lot of gun for the money.

I'm a diehard Rem fan but for the money the Savage is definatly a better shooter , it has a better barrel , the floating bolthead helps alot when the action hasen't been worked.
I have seen and worked on 6 Savages that were turds from the factory all six went from 2-3" shooters at 100yds to sub 1" guns all with a simple headspace adjustment and proper bedding and barrel floating. 5 of these guns were heavy barreled varmint type rifles and their groups were in the honest 1/2" range with handloads. the one sporter rifle was a 270Winchester and the owner only shot factory ammo .

EVERY BVSS I have seen owned and shot would out shoot every other major factory gun I have ever shot. I have shot a couple coopers a Dakota and a few other "semi-custom" factory guns
And the Savage makes one hell of a action to build on as good as a Rem and if built properly will shoot with the best of any other built actions.

NOTE: I have several actions here that will be custom
hunter/target rifles soon and none are Savages

The sendero will most likely shoot on par or even with the savage but i like the senderos for ,what is to me, the nicer stock. A remington trigger can be made really nice and the action is good point for building a new gun in the future.plus you dont have savage lazed on your bolt :p. Seriously though if your on a tight budget hard to beat savages.

[ QUOTE ]
Poster: FnSpr1akid
Subject: Re: Accurate Rifles

The sendero will most likely shoot on par or even with the savage but i like the senderos for ,what is to me, the nicer stock.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 The Sendero's are very accurate out of the box and offer a good platform to build a custom rifle from. To me they are worth the extra $$$$$$. The stocks also sell fairly well should you decide to upgrade.

Frank D

whoops thanks for the correction I did infact state that wrong I mean better then or atleast on par ( I am a remington man that happned to fall in love with a FN). My first long range love is still my R5. Sendero stocks will move rather well because of a base level custom job can be a stock. More pleasent then a savage from all positions

Savage all the way!

My 112BVSS shoots under 1/2 moa 100% of the time, and it has enough 1/4 moa groups out to 1350yds that ive almost quit being supprised.

Shooting 220SMKs over H1000, it runs just over MOA at 1575yds with 10 shot groups, and 3/4 with 5 shot groups.
Killed 2 Pdogs past 1K last year with it... no smithing on the action... factory barrel. Aftermarket trigger, and recoil lug... the rest is as from the box.

Comparing the rem to the savage, the savage will have a better trigger, and will probably have a better barrel. The savage would likley shoot better out of the box. The rem synthetic stocks are far superior to the savages, but if were talking about the laminates, thats not an issue. The savage laminate is nice. Heavy, but nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.