Accuracy And Bore Scopes

ButterBean

Over the last week I have read that " Ignorance is Bliss " If you don't have a bore scope you have no idea whats going on' " Anyone that's serious about accuracy has to have a bore scope " and that my mind is closed and "I'm unteachable ", Now with that being said I will say that I think a bore scope could be a very useful tool and I am very interested in it but it's not a " If you aint got one you don't know what your doing tool " So this is a simple question, As I am still teachable and always willing to try something new I would like to know how a bore scope improved accuracy in any given rifle, WITH PROOF not just accusations, I'm figuring if it made that big of a difference you would have kept bragging rights of some sort, And as this is the Long Range Hunting site I don't care to know about 50 pound Benchrest Rigs strapped to a concrete bench , Thanks in advance
Bean

Last edited:
I will say that I think a bore scope could be a very useful tool

I think it is just that a tool.....I use it after every cleaning to see how well of a job I did or id not do.....Having a carbon ring (or lack of one) and being able to see it made a difference for me.

And as this is the Long Range Hunting site I don't care to know about 50 pound Benchrest Rigs strapped to a concrete bench , Thanks in advance
Bean

I wouldn't discount any facts brought forth by someone that shoots a 50lb bench rifle.....you did mention accuracy and those types of rifles tend to be the most accurate....just saying....For the record I don't shoot benchrest. 😅😅

I really wanted a borescope a while ago, and when my gunsmith showed me a barrel on my rifle that was a consistent 1/2 shooter I swore off them. I have a very compulsive disorder that i like my rifles being kept in new condition and the old saying what I dont know wont hurt me is true in my case.

I really wanted a borescope a while ago, and when my gunsmith showed me a barrel on my rifle that was a consistent 1/2 shooter I swore off them. I have a very compulsive disorder that i like my rifles being kept in new condition and the old saying what I dont know wont hurt me is true in my case.
I'm much the same

I like information and the best proof is what i see with my eyes, not what someone else tells me. They are only $50- a very small percentage of my total shooting equipment. I figured if I didn't like it, I could sell it or give it away, no big loss.

I think it is just that a tool.....I use it after every cleaning to see how well of a job I did or id not do.....Having a carbon ring (or lack of one) and being able to see it made a difference for me.

I wouldn't discount any facts brought forth by someone that shoots a 50lb bench rifle.....you did mention accuracy and those types of rifles tend to be the most accurate....just saying....For the record I don't shoot benchrest. 😅😅
Oh I'm not discounting anything,BR shooters are a Super smart crowd I just want to see if there are any significant gains in a rifle used for hunting not a .0005 gain on something setting in a thousand dollar sled and what kind of difference did it make Seeing or not Seeing a carbon ring ?

You hit it right on the head. It may be good for some, but certainly not for all. I know someone who has one, that has self proclaimed to being OVER OBSESSIVE, with the the bore condition, finds himself cleaning now more then he feels he needs to, but because he sees something in the barrel, that probably would never effect poi, or overall accuracy, will clean.
Now, if his barrels are like any of mine, they shoot better, slightly fouled.
I think it can cause OCD.

I quoted you yesterday in a post, you for the most part know my thoughts. You are old enough, seem to have a substantial amount of knowledge, and do fine.
You could probably go to your grave w/o ever using one and be fine, keep this up though, you will be painting ceramic squirrels in some nut house in the journey, lol
I guess maybe you with a borescope, is on par with myself and a hand held cell phone, W.T.F did we do without one. I loved a bag phone in my PU, refuse to carry one.

I quoted you yesterday in a post, you for the most part know my thoughts. You are old enough, seem to have a substantial amount of knowledge, and do fine.
You could probably go to your grave w/o ever using one and be fine, keep this up though, you will be painting ceramic squirrels in some nut house in the journey, lol
I guess maybe you with a borescope, is on par with myself and a hand held cell phone, W.T.F did we do without one. I loved a bag phone in my PU, refuse to carry one.
Milo I'm all for new stuff and I may eventually get one but when I hear all the "you gotta have it to be accurate" I'd like some insight and proof and I really hope some one shows me some , I agree with you on the phone, once you have one you can never get away from anyone and for the record I do like squirrels ;)

Milo I'm all for new stuff and I may eventually get one but when I hear all the "you gotta have it to be accurate" I'd like some insight and proof and I really hope some one shows me some , I agree with you on the phone, once you have one you can never get away from anyone and for the record I do like squirrels ;)
Some statements should never be made, fact. I have a feeling you'd struggle with the PRS crowd, statements w/o fact are a normality.
Tuners are on the horizon, best get the borescope and start saving for a tuner.
I crack myself up at times.

Hey and what did the Dasher shoot like before and after yo
Some statements should never be made, fact. I have a feeling you'd struggle with the PRS crowd, statements w/o fact are a normality.
Tuners are on the horizon, best get the borescope and start saving for a tuner.
I crack myself up at times.
😂 😂 😂 Your killing me

Hey and what did the Dasher shoot like before and after yo

😂 😂 😂 Your killing me
I had mentioned a Dasher, I doubt I improved the accuracy of that barrel, more like I made it less problematic, it was stripping copper at a terrible pace in one spot.
I am not "The Barrel Whisperer", I just made something work, for once.
George Floyd is now a hero, make me one too!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.