Absolute Hammer load data

6.5 cm 109 AH
Imr 4166

Recommendations? Never used this caliber or powder.
I'm using the same powder for the 6mm "Needmoor" and 101 HH. Just TT Steve at Hammer this morning and will be starting at 36 and working up. 4166 has very similar burn rate to Varget. I'd start around 38 of IMR4166 and work up with the 6.5 CM.

Looking for 7mm Rem Mag 1:9.5 twist, ADG brass, CCI mag primer and N560 or RL 26 data

300 RUM 1:10 twist, ADG brass, CCI mag primer and N570 data. Restricted at 3.60" OAL due to mag length. Had another post asking about which Hammer to use.

Thanks for your responses!

Looking for 7mm Rem Mag 1:9.5 twist, ADG brass, CCI mag primer and N560 or RL 26 data

300 RUM 1:10 twist, ADG brass, CCI mag primer and N570 data. Restricted at 3.60" OAL due to mag length. Had another post asking about which Hammer to use.

I started out hunting with the 6.5 swede killed my first 11 pt buck with a 139 gr Norma loaded factory round I like fast 6.5 cal bullets especially the Hammers out of the 6.5 Prc as bad as I hate too say this there's some ranches here in Tx that wont allow 6.5 cal rifles because of the 6.5 creedmore wounding deer at long distances and wrong bullet choices the creedmore is a fine round but there are better choices in the 6.5 cal

I started out hunting with the 6.5 swede killed my first 11 pt buck with a 139 gr Norma loaded factory round I like fast 6.5 cal bullets especially the Hammers out of the 6.5 Prc as bad as I hate too say this there's some ranches here in Tx that wont allow 6.5 cal rifles because of the 6.5 creedmore wounding deer at long distances and wrong bullet choices the creedmore is a fine round but there are better choices in the 6.5 cal
What ????????? Say it ain't so, I can't believe they haven't tried to burn the state down, or at least stand on the corners with signs that say MBG's have rights to ;)

What ????????? Say it ain't so, I can't believe they haven't tried to burn the state down, or at least stand on the corners with signs that say MBG's have rights to ;)
Not that I agree with the ranchers decison because of what he experienced with a 6.5 Needmore and allow a 243 win over a 6.5 prc but thats what happens when hunters think the 6.5 creed is a Thousand yard hunting cartridge with 147 gr Eld target rounds needless to say I wont be hunting there

@lejuch,
Just got my 6.5 Max back. I will be doing a full work-up when I can get time. Just finished shooting 129gr Absolutes this afternoon. Using H100V, Rich's brass and CCI LR Mag primers. Got to 3439 before I hit ceiling pressure. Gonna drop back 1.5 grs from pressure and start shooting for groups. I found pressure at 62.5grs. Shooting a 26" Brux on a Tikka T3x action.
Don't understand the big difference?
Will post results when finished.
G

Pay attention to the twist rates.
The 143 Hunter will work well in you 7mm
The 181 Hunter in your RUM will also be a good choice

@lejuch,
Just got my 6.5 Max back. I will be doing a full work-up when I can get time. Just finished shooting 129gr Absolutes this afternoon. Using H100V, Rich's brass and CCI LR Mag primers. Got to 3439 before I hit ceiling pressure. Gonna drop back 1.5 grs from pressure and start shooting for groups. I found pressure at 62.5grs. Shooting a 26" Brux on a Tikka T3x action.
Don't understand the big difference?
Will post results when finished.
G
Unfortunately, I do not understand the velocity difference either. Regardless of the powder I have used, once I get to just short of 3200 I begin to experience stiff bolt lift and ejector impression/swipes. Cleaned barrel numerous times, brass sized only .001 to allow insertion into chamber, etc. I get great groups at that speed but the moment I get to roughly 3200, regardless of powder, overpressure signs begin. 22" barrel is the culprit of some of the velocity loss, but doesn't explain all of it away. I may try different primers when I'm able, but currently only possess 215M which logic says those will INCREASE pressures.

Last edited: