Absolute Hammer 140 load data 28 Nosler

Did you mean to say you start with minimum load on similar weight lead core bullets??? Not maximum load???
No. The engraving pressure on the Absolutes is very low. They will need more / faster powder than conventional bullets to get to pressure. Starting with the max load will show lower velocity than you would expect due to the very low engraving pressure. It takes pressure to make vel. Without pressure the vel will be low. Loading the Absolute Hammers is similar to loading a wildcat cartridge. If you are not comfortable working in uncharted territory it would be best to stay with the Hammer Hunter line of bullets.

Again, only do this with Absolute Hammers. All the other Hammers should be started at listed start loads for similar weight bullets.

No. The engraving pressure on the Absolutes is very low. They will need more / faster powder than conventional bullets to get to pressure. Starting with the max load will show lower velocity than you would expect due to the very low engraving pressure. It takes pressure to make vel. Without pressure the vel will be low. Loading the Absolute Hammers is similar to loading a wildcat cartridge. If you are not comfortable working in uncharted territory it would be best to stay with the Hammer Hunter line of bullets.

Again, only do this with Absolute Hammers. All the other Hammers should be started at listed start loads for similar weight bullets.
This is very helpful. That makes tons of sense, just needs to think it through. So thank you for the detailed description. I am comfortable working with info provided as a staring point and going from there.

Thanks.

Thank you this was very helpful. I've got a lot of H4831sc.

Would you mind sharing:
-What primers you used?
-What OAL was?

Thank you.
Federal GM215 primers are what I used but I wouldn't hesitate to try non-magnum primers.
CBTO is what I track and it was 2.826" which was about .020" jump in my rifle.

This was my first attempt at trying out Hammer bullets. I wouldn't hesitate to seat them deeper knowing what I know now.