Absolute Hammer

Ive read to take burn rate charts as a reference only, different companies will list powders at different positions. I would like to think that "generally" one powder is faster than the ones below it. Anyways...

I think there are too many other variables to have consistent velocity results with one specific powder between different handloaders. Primer and brass are almost never the same between loaders. Seating depth, crimps... Maybe the type of rifling is a part of it too.
Traditional bullets mostly have published load data and most handloaders dont exceed published velocities and are generally happy to stay under max. I think with Hammers this is all out the window since their bullets have way less friction increasing velocities its trial and error to match what others are, reporting.
Ive read to take burn rate charts as a reference only, different companies will list powders at different positions. I would like to think that "generally" one powder is faster than the ones below it. Anyways...

I think there are too many other variables to have consistent velocity results with one specific powder between different handloaders. Primer and brass are almost never the same between loaders. Seating depth, crimps... Maybe the type of rifling is a part of it too.
Traditional bullets mostly have published load data and most handloaders dont exceed published velocities and are generally happy to stay under max. I think with Hammers this is all out the window since their bullets have way less friction increasing velocities its trial and error to match what others are, reporting.

I can give you some comparison of H4350 vs Varget with the 123AH in 6.5 CM. I've got a Cooper Raptor in 6.5 CM, it has a 22" barrel and tends to show signs of pressure earlier than what others are seeing in this cartridge so your results will likely vary. Data below was all on a COAL of 2.857

With H4350 I started at 40 grains moving 2653 fps and worked my way up to 42.1 grains moving 2777 fps with an es of 6 fps and no signs of pressure

With Varget I started at 38.0 grains running 2693 fps and worked my way up to 42.0 grains running 2923 fps and definite pressure, blown primer. 40.7 grains of Varget got me to 2830 fps with an es of 6 fps

Obviously your rifle may be different, start low and work your way carefully up looking for signs of pressure.

Both powders produced 0.5 moa groups. The 123 ah is a great bullet for the CM, bangs
steel at 500 yards with consistency.
Thank you. I will start low probably with Varget and see how it goes. It's always good to start low with an unknown.

A prime example of one way that the Hammers are different. I have a 28 Nosler throated long for the 195 Berger Elite Hunter. The 169 Hammer Hunter has the same EXACT CBTO measurement as the 195 Berger. I understand all bullets are different, but that one was very surprising to me.

The absolute doesn't follow normal reloading data because of the less pressure it generates. I load the 123 out of a 6.5 prc at 3500fps. You can start with h4350 and see how it goes, the absolute is for experienced loaders because the bullet will act differently in each barrel.
What powder are you using in the 6.5 PRC and the 123 ab.? I have been using R26 with the 140-156 withgreat results, but now have some 123 Absolutes , and have R23 I was thinking to try, or H4831sc?

All my 45 year of reloading experience got me was a bunch of wasted components by using conventional powders with the HH or AH. It was difficult to put everything I had leaned and think outside the box. Fact is H4350 is just too slow burning for the 123AH. By that I mean you will reach 100% case fill long before reaching pressure and an acceptable speed. Because the AH data in QL is reported to be unreliable, I ran the data for the 124 HH. At 100% case fill, you get 48000 psi and 2719 fps from a 24" barrel.

Look for a powder that gives you 90-95 fill rate at max charge weight and work up toward that charge. Recommend something in the Varget, Hodgdon BL-C(2), IMR 8208 XBR or IMR 4166 burn rate range.
I do this and I also look for at or near a 100% burn of the powder in my barrel length. I havent used a slow powder in years other than for testing. I find I save a lot of money in powder and it seems to work for me as seldom do I shoot a group over .6 or .7. A very knowledgeable friend explained to me that the AH is a bore rider bullet, similar to battleship projectiles. Fast powders are the ticket. My H4350 sits on the shelf because I dont need it and I'm not going to pay Hodgdons ransom for it anymore. I've found better options out there. YMMV