Absolute Hammer

Ordered AH 123gr 6.5 for the creedmoor. Why is no one loading H4350? I see seating depth is a little iffy too. Because of a magazine fed rifle I have to start with SAMMI spec and go from there. Suggestions on load data welcome. I've been loading for the creedmoor and found H4350 or IMR4350 the best powder, don't understand why the bullet would make that much difference. Thanks
Im loading 140g AH in a 280AI with H4350, its not fast enough burn rate is probably why most Hammer reloaders arent using it. I hit pressure before I hit the higher velocities Absolute Hammers are known for, but I still have a safe respectable velocity for a 280 ....sometimes we have to use what we have on hand. Gone are the days when you could buy 1lb of powder just to try and expect it to be in stock later to buy if it worked out.
The Hammers dont line up with conventional load data because the radius drive bands greatly reduce friction going down the bore, so if the powder doesnt burn fast enough it gets wasted trying to charge more of it to get velocity.

Im loading 140g AH in a 280AI with H4350, its not fast enough burn rate is probably why most Hammer reloaders arent using it. I hit pressure before I hit the higher velocities Absolute Hammers are known for, but I still have a safe respectable velocity for a 280 ....sometimes we have to use what we have on hand. Gone are the days when you could buy 1lb of powder just to try and expect it to be in stock later to buy if it worked out.
The Hammers dont line up with conventional load data because the radius drive bands greatly reduce friction going down the bore, so if the powder doesnt burn fast enough it gets wasted trying to charge more of it to get velocity.
I've been loading for years and I'm getting a real education on these new design bullets. I've got Varget and probably going to try and find some BLC2 to try. Thank you for the input.

I've been loading for years and I'm getting a real education on these new design bullets. I've got Varget and probably going to try and find some BLC2 to try. Thank you for the input.
Im fairly new to reloading and have jumped right in with the Hammers so you can imagine my confusion... :)
Imgine firing your first Hammer handloads using no published load data... :/ , Ive done a lot of reading here and on the Hammertime forum, their spreadsheet of user data is invaluable, so if you develope a load please share it there.

This is disappointing, I have a 7 saum and have read the hammers and H4350 are a good combo in the saum.

Im fairly new to reloading and have jumped right in with the Hammers so you can imagine my confusion... :)
Imgine firing your first Hammer handloads using no published load data... :/ , Ive done a lot of reading here and on the Hammertime forum, their spreadsheet of user data is invaluable, so if you develope a load please share it there.
I'm 74 and still learning. There's always room for improvement. Thanks for the feed back

All my 45 year of reloading experience got me was a bunch of wasted components by using conventional powders with the HH or AH. It was difficult to put everything I had leaned and think outside the box. Fact is H4350 is just too slow burning for the 123AH. By that I mean you will reach 100% case fill long before reaching pressure and an acceptable speed. Because the AH data in QL is reported to be unreliable, I ran the data for the 124 HH. At 100% case fill, you get 48000 psi and 2719 fps from a 24" barrel.

Look for a powder that gives you 90-95 fill rate at max charge weight and work up toward that charge. Recommend something in the Varget, Hodgdon BL-C(2), IMR 8208 XBR or IMR 4166 burn rate range.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok so your to new to pm so here is what you need
First load I like is with varget
Hornady brass cci250's
123ah 2.822" oal
I ended up around 42gr varget in two separate rifles. 24" tubes produces 3097fps

My personal 6.5 is
Lapua brass cci450
3.282" oal
123gr absolute hammer
Rl15 around 44gr got me 3114fps out of a 22"
As always these are only safe in my rigs. Work up slowly and these are by no means meant to be copied.

Ok so your to new to pm so here is what you need
First load I like is with varget
Hornady brass cci250's
123ah 2.822" oal
I ended up around 42gr varget in two separate rifles. 24" tubes produces 3097fps

My personal 6.5 is
Lapua brass cci450
3.282" oal
123gr absolute hammer
Rl15 around 44gr got me 3114fps out of a 22"
As always these are only safe in my rigs. Work up slowly and these are by no means meant to be copied.
Thank you. The new rifle hasn't come in yet so i don't know what going on yet. I never start at the high end of the load. I know your concern about giving load data out, all I really need is some advice on a starting point. From all the data I've read on these bullets, I figured I'd better get some input from guys that have loaded these. Thanks again

I'm 74 and still learning. There's always room for improvement. Thanks for the feed back
What I like about you is that you've been reloading for years and are still learning. As someone whos still fairly new to reloading I cant tell you the many frustrating "advice" Ive got from experienced reloaders that led me down the wrong rabbit holes. Telling me "I dont need" to load monolithics.... or that my 'hammer trail' is my bullet being spun apart and I need to pick a different bullet (depsite me telling them several times its a monolithic...).

This is disappointing, I have a 7 saum and have read the hammers and H4350 are a good combo in the saum.
140g Absolute Hammer; I hit pressure at 3169fps but at 1.2g charge weight below that I feel is a safe load with a bit over 3100fps at 58.5g charge weight. Thats still a respectable load for a 280 cal 140g bullet.

What I like about you is that you've been reloading for years and are still learning. As someone whos still fairly new to reloading I cant tell you the many frustrating "advice" Ive got from experienced reloaders that led me down the wrong rabbit holes. Telling me "I dont need" to load monolithics.... or that my 'hammer trail' is my bullet being spun apart and I need to pick a different bullet (depsite me telling them several times its a monolithic...).
I've been into precision loading and long range shooting for several years but this by no means I know everything. These bullets are new to me so I'd rather ask than to make a mistake.

Thank you. The new rifle hasn't come in yet so i don't know what going on yet. I never start at the high end of the load. I know your concern about giving load data out, all I really need is some advice on a starting point. From all the data I've read on these bullets, I figured I'd better get some input from guys that have loaded these. Thanks again
Just drop down some and start with either of those and you will be fine.
If the rifle is new I would do my usual of shooting 100 rounds of cheap bullets to form your brass and break in barrel. Then clean well and start load data. Nothing wrong with doing load work before that other than you will want to double check your speed after barrel breaks in.