A little 6.5 SAUM action in New Mexico

The bull was taken in unit 12 near the El Morro monument with outfitter Keith Williams. Ironically, it was taken in the same valley as the bull in my avatar.
I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy the area while you were there. That can be some brutally tough but incredibly beautiful country too. If you ever head that way again head over the Black Rock Zuni Reservation/area and work your way north to forty and on to the border.

That red sand and sandstone country is just utterly amazing.

Again, congrats on a super bull and a successful hunt.

Very nice gun. Thanks for the reply. Trying to pick some parts for a build. Trying to justify a proof,but can buy two other barrrls for the price of one proof. I'd like to be 8.5 to 9 lbs complete. Thought a 3B would be to heavy. Guess not.

The bull was taken in unit 12 near the El Morro monument
Probably heard the shot from my place. :cool: Elk have expanded their range and grown in population here over the past two decades. I am seeing them in greater numbers and more places now than ever. Glad u got a goodun!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.