New GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 SAUM

Gotta love the Magneto Speed, I was just using my V1 with the 6.5WSM, I like it a LOT more than the "normal" style chronos.

What Primer are you using in the SAUM?

t

10 shot Target with H1000 and 140 Amaxes @ 3140 FPS. Found good seating depth and load.

the Magnetospeed V1 is one slick unit !

IMG_14254.jpg

IMG_79903.jpg

IMG_27942.jpg
That's a good lookin rig!

Also, might I ask where you got that chrono, and how much they run? I think that would be a handy setup to have, since most of my load development is off a bench at a semi-private range, and it would be a pain to setup a regular chronograph. That's a cool looking setup, I've never seen one before.

That's a good lookin rig!

Also, might I ask where you got that chrono, and how much they run? I think that would be a handy setup to have, since most of my load development is off a bench at a semi-private range, and it would be a pain to setup a regular chronograph. That's a cool looking setup, I've never seen one before.

Right Here:

MagnetoSpeed

THey are worth it.

t

The whole set up is impressive indeed!! My 264 is not much faster, I know, custom chamber, fast barrel & all that stuff, but still very interesting velocities

Looking at building one of these on a T3 here in NZ are you guys able to tell me what reamer i need to order from PTG?
Thanks

Looking at building one of these on a T3 here in NZ are you guys able to tell me what reamer i need to order from PTG?
Thanks

Copied from one of Georges posts.

Reamer we use has a .296 nk and .081FB print# is 50645 at PTG

I had Dave also make us a reamer with a .298 Neck for (NoTurn application) Print# 54006 Because some guys would not want to mess with turning the runout off. it also has .081 FB

There is a turn and no turn reamer and George has made changes in FB so make sure you get the most recent one. I believe the most recent turned brass reamer is the one that will most likely have brass made for it commercially if that matters to you.

Scot E.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.