A good accurate concealed carry pistol

The best advice in a self-defense shooting is to keep your mouth shut till you are with your lawyer.

If you press charges, cops have to get a statement from you along with a lot of other questions that you should not be talking about till you are with your lawyer.

It is my fervent Prayer that we never have to go down this road!

In striker-fired handguns like the Glocks, some Sigs and others, there are some cases in which the handgun is unintentionally discharged in the holster. The cause in almost every case has been identified as something catching the trigger as the gun is inserted into the holster. Sometimes this is the corner of a shirt or jacket, a drawstring cord-lock or a strap.

The striker-fired handgun's trigger pull weight is lighter than a true double-action, but heavier than most single-action firearms. The nature of the pull weight is that the handgun can be fired without putting a lot of pressure on the trigger and so if one holsters the gun in a well-fitting holster and something fouls the trigger, the extra resistance may not be noticed and the handgun can be fired as it is inserted, often resulting in injury.

This has happened enough with Glocks (one of the first striker-fired handguns to be extensively used) that there is an injury called "Glock Leg", where the user shoots themselves in the leg while holstering, but Glocks are not the only ones this can happen with.

As long as one is careful to make sure the holster is clear and nothing enters the trigger guard while holstering, the gun will not fire.

Because carrying concealed often puts the holster in a difficult place to see well (behind the strong-side hip), many people holster the pistol off-body, then place the holstered handgun on the belt. This way, one can be SURE nothing will foul the trigger and if it did, the handgun is pointed in a safe(r) direction.
Am I understanding you correctly that it isn't really a striker style pistol but rather a light trigger pull with something in front of the trigger when holstering?

If accuracy is a prerequisite……then high capacity shouldn't be needed…..unless expecting multiple (as in many) targets!

Consider a thin (single stack), lighter (polymer based frame), semi-auto.

The thin, single stack is easier to conceal and lighter makes it more comfortable……think "inside waistband carry"!

If you're concerned about needing more bullets placed downrange…..get 2 additional magazines and wear on the opposite side. This gives you plenty of ammo, unless expecting an extended firefight, which is where you really need a long gun. The 2 magazines, also being thin are also easy to conceal…..plus their added loaded weight will help balance the weight of the firearm!

Pretty fond of my Springfield XDS, 45 ACP…..my only carry gun for many years! memtb
I don't plan on ever needing to use one. Don't want to. But just looking at what all options are out there nowadays. I don't keep up with pistols much. Not like rifles anyways. Accuracy means a lot to me with any firearm lol.

Vince that isn't the default in Texas. They will confiscate your weapon but many self defense shooting cases have not resulted in any arrests on scene. The Grand Jury will determine whether evidence exists to pursue indictment.
That is the same at least in my county here in Florida. When all the riots and looting were happening, our sheriff said on the news something to the effect of don't come to our county most of the residents own gun and will shoot. And if you don't own a gun he was encouraging residents to go buy one. Gotta love Grady Judd.

There is a fella named Massad Ayoob who teaches defensive gun classes. And from what I understand if you take his class and get into a gun fight. If you followed what he taught he or his team will come to court for you. Not as legal representation but as witness to say how and what you have been taught.

Glocks were known or developed a reputation for going off during holstering.

Much of the time due to carelessness of the operator. The trigger pull is about 5.5 lbs on Glocks and the only safety is the blade in the trigger. depress the blade and then the trigger and boom.

Well , during holstering foreign objects ,clothing, leather of the thumb snaps of the holster , finger etc were depressing the blade and then a ND occurred. Any striker fired pistol along the lines of the Glock system can suffer the same fate.

Training can overcome this, some agencies, New Jersey..I think..added a heavier trigger in addition to training and revamping issued equipment, don't recall it being much of an issue anymore, but it does make the news in dribs and drabs.

The trainers at the place I worked, and we had to use thumb break holsters, just made sure that the users of Glocks were aware when holstering, with the index covering the trigger guard, no ND due to the dreaded Glock trigger while I was there.

Glocks were known or developed a reputation for going off during holstering.

Much of the time due to carelessness of the operator. The trigger pull is about 5.5 lbs on Glocks and the only safety is the blade in the trigger. depress the blade and then the trigger and boom.

Well , during holstering foreign objects ,clothing, leather of the thumb snaps of the holster , finger etc were depressing the blade and then a ND occurred. Any striker fired pistol along the lines of the Glock system can suffer the same fate.

Training can overcome this, some agencies, New Jersey..I think..added a heavier trigger in addition to training and revamping issued equipment, don't recall it being much of an issue anymore, but it does make the news in dribs and drabs.

The trainers at the place I worked, and we had to use thumb break holsters, just made sure that the users of Glocks were aware when holstering, with the index covering the trigger guard, no ND due to the dreaded Glock trigger while I was there.
So I was trying to get clarification from eshell's comment and I'm not sure if you were trying to answer it but it sounds like it isn't because the gun is striker fired it seems like it is something being in the trigger guard when holstering. Am i understanding you correctly?

Found a P365 for you: :)

A couple of things that I noticed while skimming this thread that Id like to add my two cents worth. IDPA was mentioned by one poster,my wife and I shot IDPA for several years (several years ago) and a little USPSA. It was very eye opening when drawing and shooting from concealment and utilizing cover, I wasn't as fast or as accurate as I was standing on my range at home. No matter how fast you think you are, someone else is faster and more accurate. Reloads under stress are not pretty.

Like some others have mentioned, I too cut my teeth on a 1911 (in the manly .45ACP) It wasn't until I did a stint in LE that I began to see the value of the high capacity polymer pistols. I spent many years in search of the perfect pistol because the transition from a 1911 frame to a glock was not easy for me. There have been many good options mentioned, Glock and S&W to name a few. I would suggest that anyone trying to decide, go to a shop where you can rent several diffent ones and see what fits you the best. Then get professional training and range time.
Shooting and drawing from concealment are a perisable skill, practice practice practice. Consider joining IDPA and see where you stand.

One thing that I have not seen discussed is the type of bullet to carry. I mention this because not only have I known the CC guy that wont chamber carry, I've seen the guy that carrys ball ammo. Utilize the right bullet for the task at hand.
Between EMS and LE I've seen and treated a GSW or two. A .22 will kill if properly placed but is it the best choice? Someone that knows how to use a knife can do a lot of work while bleeding out from a .22

Just my thoughts and observtions. Nothing more.

The bullet of choice.... need the antelope with the bowl of popcorn..... that's even more controversial than Berger - Sierra - Hornady - Hammer.......
I'll stir the pot. I have some black talons still and a few Winchester ranger t ( same thing as black talon just not black.) If I'm shooting in self defense my goal is to neutralize the threat so they will no longer be a threat