90 gr ELD-X and 6x47 Lapua

On my 243win at 2.640" it puts about .501" seated. Subtract the bt =.376" - neck= .231".
Somewhere in the 2.550" - 2.600"

I had to recalculate! With bt only being in the shoulder you should have a coal of 2.540 - 2.545" max. Bulle length of 1.106" or close to it and bt at .125 -.128".

Looking for a starting load and max load for a 90 grain ELDX in a 6 x 47 lapua. I have Varget and H 4350.

I should probably run a heavier bullet, but I am using these for Crop damage deer in my 243 and they were great. Deer drop where they're standing.

I called Hornaday but they are useless. I don't even know why they have customer service.

Thanks for the help.

A quick web search found this ;

Bullets of 80 and 90 grains now being used at the High Power 600-yard line require twists of1:8- or 1:7-inch, and the appearance of 100-grain bullets has brought out barrels of 1:6.5-inch twist. A too-slow twist rate will fail to stabilize the bullet, which will yaw and eventually tumble.

My sierra manual shows a start load of 30.8 gr and max of 36.6 gr of Varget
It shows a start load of 34.6 gr and max of 40.1 gr with H-4350 and their 90 gr TMK
Pick up some manuals Klemm. Hodgdon has data also. My Hornady manual doesn't even list the 6x47
That the one thing, is a Sierra Manuals generally has a far bigger selection of info on reloading of cartridges. they upgrade every few years too. At the same time the selection is getting a lot bigger now. All my manuals are pack away presently and I feel lost with out one.

Berger manual but only IMR 4350. No barbet.

I've got some data of 90gr pills from my 6 creed??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Klemm,

I have a 10 twist shilen that wont stabilize anything over 100 grains. But my 95 gr berger classic hunters shoot better than any other rifle i own. 40.1gr H4350 in Lapua brass with 450 mag primer. I get primer flow and occasionally blank a primer if I dont use 450's.

One thing you should not do is transfer data from a similar bullet from another company, nothing about a Berger resembles a Hornady bullet. Hornady makes long bearing surface bullets for the most part.
If you measure things there's nothing wrong with it. Berger posts the full specs on their bullets including bearing surface length, so IMO they're the best to use for other manufacturers because you can compare direct measurements on bullets, not just weights. Start low and work up, but sometimes there's no data and you need a starting point.

Where did you get a Berger Book ?
Got mine from Amazon, they are notionally a book store still:
Amazon product ASIN B019BYM34G

Looking for a starting load and max load for a 90 grain ELDX in a 6 x 47 lapua. I have Varget and H 4350.

I should probably run a heavier bullet, but I am using these for Crop damage deer in my 243 and they were great. Deer drop where they're standing.

I called Hornaday but they are useless. I don't even know why they have customer service.

Thanks for the help.
Hodgdon's site lists 6X47L data for Nosler's 90gr E-Tip. I think I would use that starting data and work from there.

Bob

Last edited:

Thanks for the help.
Defiantly useless for load data

For some reason that case likes 39.5gr. I would run 39.5gr with 69gr Berger's with varget. And 39.5gr h4350 with 95gr nbt