90 gr ELD-X and 6x47 Lapua

Looking for a starting load and max load for a 90 grain ELDX in a 6 x 47 lapua. I have Varget and H 4350.

I should probably run a heavier bullet, but I am using these for Crop damage deer in my 243 and they were great. Deer drop where they're standing.

I called Hornaday but they are useless. I don't even know why they have customer service.

Thanks for the help.
Hiodgdon shows 36.8 min/40.5 max of H4350 with an 90 gr E-tip. I know they are different bullets and construction, this should help

I run 95 grain tipped match kings in my 6-6.5×47L . 40.0 grains H4350 @ 3270, 2.700". You could start there. I tried 36 grains of Varget but the velocity wasn't there

Looking for a starting load and max load for a 90 grain ELDX in a 6 x 47 lapua. I have Varget and H 4350.

I should probably run a heavier bullet, but I am using these for Crop damage deer in my 243 and they were great. Deer drop where they're standing.

I called Hornaday but they are useless. I don't even know why they have customer service.

Thanks for the help.
There are YouTube videos that might give you some idea as where to start.

Hornady's obsolete data list a 6x47, but doesn't seem to match with lapua. 222mag necked up to 6mm. VV site only list the 6.5L.
There is a wildcat 6 x 47 which is a 222Rem Mag case with neck expanded up to 6mm. It's a forerunner to the 6 PPC as used in Benchrest. The 6 x 47 Lapua is a bigger case, confusing as some loading data may just mention 6 x 47

Thanks for the help.
Hornady now charges $1.00 per bullet load data.
I called them today about a warranty issue and they took care of me really quick.

i recently worked up a load in my 6x47L with the 90gr game changers & varget.
at first i loaded way too low, not much velocity.(started below hodgdons max load of 36gr)
accuracy and velocity came alive as i worked it on up.
there was an accuracy spot in the 37.5,37.8,38.1 range.
25" barrel is at 3300fps with 38.1
i would start at 36 and work up from there.

*i do have an h4350 load as well (41.6&41.9) but the varget load i got more velocity out of.

Last edited:
I shot some this past weekend. I got 3300 with 90 grain Bergers over H4350. 3269 with 95 grain tipped match kings
Seemed too fast to me but maybe it's fine

Hornady now charges $1.00 per bullet load data.
Do you mean a dollar per cartridge for digital access in the app?

Or you can buy the digital book for $20, and hardcover for about $40. I prefer the books to the annual subscription, then I'll shell out a buck if something new I need comes up.

One thing you should not do is transfer data from a similar bullet from another company, nothing about a Berger resembles a Hornady bullet. Hornady makes long bearing surface bullets for the most part.

Deleted my data,
Sort of. Starting loads in a small capacity cartridge like this should be fine. As for max, you have to work up your own no matter what the bullet. But, once a gain a load for a similar bullet gives you an "about" where you will end up. Bullet design can change that a little, but not by very much unless bullet construction changes. Also, velocity is good indicator of pressure. If you get much over the expected velocity more than likely you are over pressure. Work up carefully and load for accuracy, and stay away from maximum pressure. All this being said, as the cartridge becomes more and more overbore it becomes more sensitive to the starting loads (Possible hang fires and detonation) while as capacity lowers the cartridge becomes more sensitive to high pressure. In other words in a .223( or your 6x47) you would find max a tenth of a grain at a time, but a 300RUM more like a half or even a grain at a time. Hope this all makes sense.